• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just in the middle of an email discussion with US ClientCo manager...
    Him: "we need this completed by the end of February"
    Me: "Yes, we agreed Feb 2017, not 2016"
    Him: "No, I think someone made a mistake"
    Me: "No, we sat in a meeting, I said Feb 2017. Everyone agreed Feb 2017"
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Lunchtime stroll around the pond. Kids everywhere - forgot it was half term. Why aren't they indoors playing on the Xbox 360 like normal children?
      Sent outside to have an accident so the parents can claim compo off the council?

Comment

My dehumidifier arrives Thursday. How exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Just in the middle of an email discussion with US ClientCo manager...
          Him: "we need this completed by the end of February"
          Me: "Yes, we agreed Feb 2017, not 2016"
          Him: "No, I think someone made a mistake"
          Me: "No, we sat in a meeting, I said Feb 2017. Everyone agreed Feb 2017"
          Yeah, I know that feeling! Specs that change, and change again....

I remember once being on a teleconf to agree project work - the client PM agrees certain parts of the network are out of scope. The minutes come out and suddenly they're back in. Then the next day they're out again.... and so it continues. I was glad when that project finally finished (apart from the immense amounts of WFH and latitude I had).

Comment

You are Zeity and I claim my five pounds

Comment

Got the hall down to 56% according to the GDR manufactured humidity barometer thing during november.

It's currently about 65%.

The living room is about 48% and the dining room (trout swimming up walls but drying out a bit) is about 56% as of this morning.

The ancient dehumidifier is much more efficient than the newer ones but lacks the "full" switch so I have to keep an eye on it.

If I was even sadder than I am, I suppose I'd have kept a record of quantity of water extracted vs time vs humidy vs temperature.

Byeeee

Comment

I'll bet you can hardly contain yourself.

Comment

Just remembered I had some liquorice allsorts in the cupboard

Note the use of the past tense

Comment

ms#5's bedroom has gone mouldy. It stinks. This is an attempt to remedy the situation. I've also bought a moisture metre thingy, but that's not due for delivery till next week. Which is disappointing as I can't do 'before' and 'after'.

Comment

This place is smelling much fresher and less damp than it was.

It costs a small fortune to keep the damn things running though.

Comment

Working...
                      X