• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I might get around to them one of these days - Lewis seems to pop up on the ITV catchup service pretty frequently
    I'm actually enjoying Endeavor.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
      Excellent stuff - must make time to nip down to Leicester and have a look.
      OK, I've ventured into town on a Friday night for the first time in as long as I can remember, and I'm in there now.

Still got an aroma of fresh polish, but very pleasant - a mellow, older crowd and good ale. And, as a returnee just informed the table next to me, new toilets. Cheers!

Comment

Neath appears infested with gentlemen in tartan skirts.

Most odd.

ZeitMater spent my entire 15 minute visit insisting that I should go to the police about her being kept prisoner.

Ho fecking hum.

Comment

The lightbulb just fell out of the ceiling lampholder thingie.

I think it bounced but I can't see much.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            The lightbulb just fell out of the ceiling lampholder thingie.

I think it bounced but I can't see much.

Comment

Neath appears infested with gentlemen in tartan skirts.

Most odd.

ZeitMater spent my entire 15 minute visit insisting that I should go to the police about her being kept prisoner.

Ho fecking hum.

Comment

Well it's intact but roundly fecked.

The first attempted replacement CFL was u/s and the 2nd one is pretty dim.

The one that fell out was a 70W halogen.

I think I need to change the fitting & shade too, buy the look of things.

More expense.

Comment

Indeed.

But unlike the unfused Tesco & Maplin<spit> 100W bulbs, it didn't explode into a 1000 pieces of nice thin glass leaving the metal bit stuck in the lampholder.
                  Last edited by zeitghost; 12 February 2016, 22:55. Reason: no trailing g in thin

Comment

It's her 92nd birthday on Sunday, so I've bought a £10 Welsh Happy Birthday cake & a couple of bottles of schloer stuff that IIRC she likes.

All totally futile but there you go.

Duty done & all that.

I'm going to make sure I don't end up like that if I can help it.

Comment

It's her 92nd birthday on Sunday, so I've bought a £10 Welsh Happy Birthday cake & a couple of bottles of schloer stuff that IIRC she likes.

All totally futile but there you go.

Duty done & all that.

I'm going to make sure I don't end up like that if I can help it.
                      She may appreciate it more than you expect. People sometimes have brief periods of heightened lucidity, and if one of those happens at the right time, you'll be glad you made the effort

If not, well: maybe she'll still appreciate it on some level, even if she can't express her appreciation

At least you still try. That's the most important thing. Maybe you'll never know how much she appreciates it.

Comment

Working...
                      X