• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

afternoon

A late morning/early afternoon trip to the big smoke was done.

This new 5p bag thing was a pain

Comment

My mouse was playing up so I decided to try the "easy pay". Quite easy, and walked out with a new one

Comment

I survived legoland....

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny out, but a bit of a chill in the air

Off round to a friend's for Sunday dinner now

Comment

Sunny but chilly.

Fry up this morning. Visit GMIL this afternoon. Bit of gardening after. Last mow of the lawns for the year and a bit of light weeding.

Fajitas for dinner with home made guacamole and salsa.
            Last edited by DaveB; 11 October 2015, 17:48.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Last mow of the year?

It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive.

Or something.

House vacced this morning.

Lunch cooked (lamb).

Bit of shopping done. Lidl/Tesco/Morrisons.

Lawns (6) mown, possibly for the last time this year.

Considering the leaves haven't fallen off the apple & pear trees yet, I'd guess that that lawn mower will do its duty as a leaf collector next week & the week after.

Comment

Big sis gone. All feels a bit flat. Back to the office tomorrow after three weeks' skiving. Life goes on, although I anticipate it will take a good year to sort out all mother's crap.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Big sis gone. All feels a bit flat. Back to the office tomorrow after three weeks' skiving. Life goes on, although I anticipate it will take a good year to sort out all mother's crap.
                  Dunno what to do with jewellery etc - really beautiful ring with 2 half carat diamonds - valued at 2.5K in 1979, so guesstimate 10K+ these days? Lots of other gold, sapphires, pearls. Could well push us into inheritance tax if we get it valued. And ivory - WTF do we (I) do with ivory? Some of it is exquisitely carved.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Off round to a friend's for Sunday dinner now
                    Well, that went well.

Halfway through the meal there was a ring at the bell. It was someone come to tell us that a mutual friend had just been found dead in his flat

He must have been in his mid-forties by now. He had type 1 diabetes and had lost a lot of his sight to macular degeneration over the last twenty years or so. In fact, he's one of the reasons I take accessibility on the web so seriously.

I hadn't seen him so much over the last six years or so since DMU knocked down the pub. I knew he'd had various health problems, mainly related to a combination of his diabetes and a resentment of it that caused him to be neglectful of his health from time to time. But over the last few years he's been a bit more careful.

He'd recently been in hospital due to kidney problems and complications arising therefrom. He improved and was discharged last week, and had gone home, and had various friends living nearby who were checking on him, helping with shopping, and so forth. Today they couldn't get in touch with him, so somebody who had a key went round, and found he'd died in his sleep overnight

Comment

Up early to go to that there London Village in the morning, supposed I should stop pissing about with cooking and find all the forms I need to fill out and take down with me, guess I could do this on the train tomorrow....
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X