• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I remember MrsBP found a headless mouse on the carpet. She wondered where the head was. Then found it when the cat puked it up....
    NorPussII did that when I was working from home and on a conference call.

Found the bloody remains of the mouse decorating the kitchen floor which was nice
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Another sunny but cold one out there, though not quite as cold as yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Yup, sent MrsB a message earlier to ask if there had been any post. Nothing yet

I splashed out this time and opted to turn my ride fee into a donation to charity in return for a second chance at a spot and a free jersey.
        Mine's a "Commiserations". Better cancel the hotel booking.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Look on the bright side, at least you won't get a puncture as you go past my house.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Same here.

Missed out again.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Byeeeee

The ZeitLumbago has made its presence felt once again.

Comment

While shopping, I learned that Sainsbury's self-service checkouts won't process vouchers for more than 1,000 bonus Nectar points, and even the person tending the till to approve booze and enter unscannable vouchers can't override it. As I'd scanned two vouchers worth a total of 620 points, it balked at my 400-pointer valid on the purchase of £20's worth of wine, and I had to stop by the customer service desk on the way out and get them to do it. Ho hum

The error message was really unhelpful, too - something vague about "tender over limit". If it had been one of the Saturday job types manning the decks they'd probably have got confused and made up some gubbins to explain it away; they've pulled that crap on me before and lost me points, or even discounts. But luckily it was the guy who mans them most weekday afternoons, who's pretty smart and knows all the checkout's strange ways

Comment

And now, raspberries with Green & Black's chocolate ice cream

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      And now, raspberries with Green & Black's chocolate ice cream
                      Om nom nom.

Comment

Working...
                      X