• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Had to learn every single one of them at Leiths.

Twas one of the Leith books that got me on to putting paprika/cayenne in cauli cheese.

(I've only done their Fish course at Billingsgate which was a great day out)
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
      Small dollop of English mustard every time, and it makes it a nice yellow colour.

If you can't master the Basics then you are going to be forever copying someone's recipe.
      I prefer dijon or my own home made mustard as English mustard overpowers the sauce.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Twas one of the Leith books that got me on to putting paprika/cayenne in cauli cheese.

(I've only done their Fish course at Billingsgate which was a great day out)
        I did the year long chefs diploma.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Roux is the mother sauce, just as hollandaise and mayonnaise are as well. The sauces you make from them are called daughter sauces.

Had to learn every single one of them at Leiths. Comes in useful as you can knock up a sauce without having to look up the recipe.

Same goes for various types of pastry.
          I thought Roux was the "grand mother sauce" and the likes of Tomate, Hollandaise and Béchamel, were "mother sauces", but given the company I am more likely to assume you are right than me
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Tosti related nonsense on t'blog.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Then there's no point in doing a how-to roux article is there?
              You could title that post "How do you Roux?"

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                You could title that post "How do you Roux?"

"Roux'd Recipes" (all served with meat and 2 veg, toad in the hole, or any veg that ever appeared on That's Life)
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Various retail environments visited. Do B&Q actively seek to confuse their customers? I spent ages searching for wood glue in the vicinity of the wood; you'd think they'd be natural companions. But no, the glue was right over at the far end of the store. In fact, it was next to bathroom sealants, which themselves are miles away from the bathroom fixtures and fittings that might be in need of sealing

I almost went for a haircut but the place looked busy when I was stopped at the lights outside. I'll just have to put up with my hair flapping around wildly in the strong winds for a bit longer

Comment

But no, the glue was right over at the far end of the store
                    If you look above the aisles they have labels, the one you were in was called 'Adhesives and Sealants'.

I'll try to got out of BnQ's more.

Comment

In other news clientco have just asked if I'd be interested in a different project.

This one will not involve working with the current numpty department.

Just need to go and sort out the details with said department.

A little bit of boom for the weekend.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X