• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Email stream this morning:

User (who is a temp in on maternity cover): I need you to change this report. It's very urgent. Stop your project to do this.
      Me: Why?
      User: It's used globally and is very important
      Me: What is the business reason for the change? Have you confirmed globally that everyone is happy with it being changed? Globally they have been happy with it for the last 5 years.
      User: Because it's important. (now sent to me and the project manager)

As soon as someone copies the PM, the requirement drops way down my list.
      (it would take me about an hour to write the spec and hand it over to the developer, but this user is a waste of time and will be leaving in a few weeks)
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Decision time, what to publish for this weeks blog post. The contenders are:

Grilled cheese tosti
        Scones
        Chicken stock
        Roux sauce - how to which also has a cauliflower cheese recipe as well
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I love a good toasti(e)
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Submitted and approved
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              Morning all

Bit windy out there this morning. Had to retrieve the organic recycling box from next door's driveway, the green plastic bin I use for cans bottles was about 50m down the road and the blue thick plastic bag for cardboard & plastic has disappeared completely. The last one isn't a major surprise since it wasn't mine anyway. Mine went missing last week and this was the one that had been dumped on my driveway after last week's collection.

Looks like a trip to the council office for replacements and then Screwfix for some spray paint. Friday!
              Pretty windy here too. Then again it's always windy here.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Decision time, what to publish for this weeks blog post. The contenders are:

Grilled cheese tosti
                Scones
                Chicken stock
                Roux sauce - how to which also has a cauliflower cheese recipe as well

Stick a bit of smoked paprika & cayenne pepper in the roux for cauli cheese. nom and indeed nom nom

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Stick a bit of smoked paprika & cayenne pepper in the roux for cauli cheese. nom and indeed nom nom
                  Have been doing that for years.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Almost lunch time here on the mainland.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      Have been doing that for years.

How about forgetting the roux, steaming the cauli with garlic in milk, then drain/puree/add a bit of the liquor back in, sprinkle with cheese and fire it under the grill?

Comment

Working...
                      X