• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    And, as so often, running the diagnostics on their website fixes the problem. The clever thing about that is that they can treat it as never having been a fault for reporting purposes, even though the diagnostics reset the equipment at the start of the test, which is what cleared the fault
    At least it meant I discovered their latest sneaky trick about the "speed increase" they promised us, shortly before announcing a price increase: you don't get it automatically. You have to "order" it on their website, in your account section.

This means that, if you pay by direct debit and therefore don't visit the site often, you'll continue at the lower speed, unaware of this fact (which was never mentioned in their communications on the subject that I can recall). Bet they don't wait until you "order" the price increase to put your bill up

Comment

And how much does the robbing bearded bastard charge for phone & broadband these days?

Comment

Well, despite spending an hour or so laying out the schematic & pcb for a Sinclair(tm) Micro6 (or Micromatic as the case may be), I'm still ZeitExistentiallyBoredNow(tm).

I wonder where I can get MAT101 transistors from.

Comment

Latest bright idea: When there's some sort of rapid response required for, say, a water leak in the bogs, then contact the assistant dean and the head of skool rather than the caretakers who actually get the messy job of fixing stuff.

You really couldn't make it up.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            And how much does the robbing bearded bastard charge for phone & broadband these days?
            Too much. In fact, given the latest price hike will take my bill up to about £60/month, I'm sorely tempted to get them to fix the phone line that hasn't worked since around 2009

And the speed increase is only from 50Mb/s to 70Mb/s. The least they could do is give us 100Mb/s

Comment

Comment

Links are up, for those who need a way to pass some time

Comment

Nice links. Just read the one about the Italian Job. Now sitting with a smile on my face in the office.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Nice links. Just read the one about the Italian Job. Now sitting with a smile on my face in the office.
                    That one inspired me to buy the Blu-ray - it's the BFI frame-by-frame restoration on there, so apparently the quality is truly excellent. Something to watch over Christmas, I think

Comment

The 2nd year feckwhit esteemed customers are in.

The empty vessels are, yet again, living up to their reputation.

Helmholtz would be proud.

Comment

Working...
                      X