• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    I went for varifocals with reactolite lenses instead of multiple pairs. Worked out about the same price, although the frames were not from the budget end of the selection thanks to MrsB's input.
    I used to have the reactolite ones, but they basically didn't react when I was in the car due to the windows cutting out the UV, and that was the only place I needed them. So I decided to get a pair of sunglasses instead.

I did think of getting a pair of varifocals too, but TBH the only time I'd really use them is to see my dinner and watch TV at the same time, and they would have been about £100 more, so I decided not to bother.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Can you read the speedo in the car with the distance glasses on?

I've reached the stage where the 35 year old sunglasses are a bit too strong for that since they're stronger than my normal lenses now.

And I'm too cheap to buy some new ones.
      Yes, that's no problem, at least for now

Comment

Just been contacted by an agent called Fisher. At least he's honest about it.

Comment

Er, it hasn't worked since about March.

And sadly, the leak is buried somewhere in the brickwork.
          These are supposed to be good

https://www.mrcentralheating.co.uk/a...zer-8-28mm-kit

How to freeze a pipe | Arctic News

I intend on using them when I move a few radiators.

freeze them get a full bore valve on it each side and bobs a good un.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The pipework looks to be 15mm od.

Dunno if that's microbore or what.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I used to have the reactolite ones, but they basically didn't react when I was in the car due to the windows cutting out the UV, and that was the only place I needed them. So I decided to get a pair of sunglasses instead.
              Good innit?

And the reactolite works better in the winter when the chemical reaction that makes it go dark works better coz the opposite reaction to make it light works slower.

Comment

Before I started wearing baseball caps I used to get terrible headaches on sunny winter's days because of the glare, plus the sun shining over the top of the sunglasses.

The baseball cap solves that, though the reactolites look a bit odd since the shaded bit doesn't go as dark as the bit that's in direct sun.

But I don't care about looking odd at my age.

Comment

Waiting in the milkman to call.

Which he did when I was out last week.

Of course he's not going to call this week.

I can't be arsed to go & see ZeitMater this evening.

I've decided to have a day off.

Comment

Good innit?

And the reactolite works better in the winter when the chemical reaction that makes it go dark works better coz the opposite reaction to make it light works slower.
                    That's handy

Comment

Lamb chops for tea. You can't beat a nice bit of lamb

Comment

Working...
                      X