• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another stunningly tedious (even more so than usual) Wednesday.

What a dreadful waste of Lizard Life.

And I have zero motivation at the moment.

Had another nice doze over lunchtime, just to make it pass a bit quicker.

Feel marginally betterer now.

Comment

Well it's only taken 3 engineers to get it to work, but the opamp multivibrator is finally going.

And I didn't fix it.

Turned out I'd forgotten to ground the capacitor.

op amp - Problem with a Relaxation Oscillator (using Op Amp) - Electrical Engineering Stack Exchange

Comment

What a fun morning - Mrs Covbob forgot that she was running water for the washing up and flooded the kitchen floor. Everything is quite wet now.

Zeity - do you have any tips for drying a sopping wet kitchen floor? It sounds like your current line of expertise.

Comment

And to top it all I've been offered a 2 year FTC with a company in Leicester (yes, yes, I know, FTC are evil).

Not entirely sure I want the job for its own sake, but it would put some useful skills on the CV. Decisions, decisions... Need to mull it all over.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
            What a fun morning - Mrs Covbob forgot that she was running water for the washing up and flooded the kitchen floor. Everything is quite wet now.

Zeity - do you have any tips for drying a sopping wet kitchen floor? It sounds like your current line of expertise.
            Dehumidifier.

The full switch on mine is a bit intermittent, so sometimes it wets the floor all over again again.

Comment

Just seen someone else.

A ticket was put in about a noisy processor fan in the lab yesterday.

The one I tapped to shut it up.

Naturally it's as quiet as a church mouse today.

Comment

Just been to the spectacle-making place up the road, at last.

I went for slightly pricier frames than their "basics" range, and got the anti-glare-and-some-other-stuff coatings, and also the thing where they somehow thin the distance-viewing lenses to make them lighter. All in all, it came to just over £120 a pair, at £490 for four (distance, intermediate, reading, distance sunglasses) which is a fair bit less than I paid for three pairs at Specsavers last time

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Just been to the spectacle-making place up the road, at last.

I went for slightly pricier frames than their "basics" range, and got the anti-glare-and-some-other-stuff coatings, and also the thing where they somehow thin the distance-viewing lenses to make them lighter. All in all, it came to just over £120 a pair, at £490 for four (distance, intermediate, reading, distance sunglasses) which is a fair bit less than I paid for three pairs at Specsavers last time
                  I went for varifocals with reactolite lenses instead of multiple pairs. Worked out about the same price, although the frames were not from the budget end of the selection thanks to MrsB's input.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Can you read the speedo in the car with the distance glasses on?

I've reached the stage where the 35 year old sunglasses are a bit too strong for that since they're stronger than my normal lenses now.

And I'm too cheap to buy some new ones.

Comment

Spent some of my endless afternoon on google.

Found a 2014 blog by some chap in Rhos, Pontardawe.

Wondered why it had no 2015 updates.

He popped his clogs in January 2015 at the grand old age of 67.

Ain't the interweb thingie marvellous?

http://thewhittakers.weebly.com

http://www.family-announcements.co.u...4053/whittaker

Oddly enough, he died of the same thing as ZeitGrandFather did in 1948 at the age of 64.
                      Last edited by zeitghost; 18 November 2015, 16:23.

Comment

Working...
                      X