• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Overcast out

BUT - and this is an important point about clouds - this means it's a bit warmer

Comment

Windows 3.1 lives: Planes grounded at Paris Orly airport thanks to Windows 3.1 error | IT PRO

Comment

Raining steadily now. Glad I got the shopping done yesterday

Comment

AFternoon All
          Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Thinking of going out tonight, but apparently it's that Children in Need thing again. Wonder if the public houses will be safe? Children aren't supposed to go in them, whether in need or not, but you can never be sure nowadays
          It was going full blast (tvs turned up to 95dB) at the care home.

Interesting that having the subtitles turned on on one of the them seemed to cause a bit more of a delay in processing the sound.

Not much but enough that it was irritating.

Comment

Oh FFS!!!

Text from VM: "We've cancelled your service visit because we've found a network problem in your area."

I TOLD THEM IT WAS BROKEN!!!
            I trust that it's unbuggered now. g

The concept of paying the bastards £50 to look at my broken phone has cost the bearded twat & his minions 4.5 * £37 * 12, I'm quite happy to say.

Comment

It's very cold out, and getting colder

If I do go out tonight, it may well be time for the first jumper of the season.
              It was cold.

Then it was wet.

Then it was cold & wet.

Now it's cold, wet, with added murrain of beasts.

The "wax"ed jacket proved less than entirely waterproof yet again, as shown by the wet patches on the thing I wear under it.

Obviously the Lidl(tm) waterproofing isn't cutting the mustard.

Or keeping the fecking rain out.

Comment

Morning denizens

Overcast out

BUT - and this is an important point about clouds - this means it's a bit warmer
                Not around here it's not.

Brrrrrrr.

And the fecking sunroof on the zeitFiat is leaking again.

It's find the silicone sealant time again.

And the gaffertape.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  I trust that it's unbuggered now. g

The concept of paying the bastards £50 to look at my broken phone has cost the bearded twat & his minions 4.5 * £37 * 12, I'm quite happy to say.
                  I pointed out to them (on Twitter) that I'd been telling them for three hours that there was no point sending an engineer to my flat, as the problem was in their street corner box not having been fixed properly in the morning and the fault would be affecting the entire area. They admitted that they don't even bother considering the possibility of an area fault until they've reached a certain number of individual reports of things being broken

Comment

Had a go at a new dessert lat night. Floating Islands. Definitely one to do again once the arteries have cleared.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Bit of a disaster on the late lunch front.

Too heavy with the cayenne chilli powder. I gagged when I tasted it a little while ago.

Norrahe and all on FB being helpful on my SOS, so I don't want to break it to them that I poured the stewing liquor down the sink and have refilled with vegetable stock. I did pour in the last of the cream that I had, as everyone suggested.
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X