• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Got the address and toolbar back.

WTF did I do that time?

I was attempting to get a )
    F11 ?

Comment

Made my fry-up. At the very moment I decided it was ready to be turned out of the pan, my mum phoned. She has a knack for ringing just as I'm about to dish up

Anyway, I eventually got back to the food, and watched 633 Squadron as planned.

Apparently, the collection of planes they assembled for making that film constituted the fourteenth largest air force in the world at the time

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        F11 ?
        Yup.

Danke.

In other news, decayed underlay has been scraped & vacced off office floor.

Or rather, the bit I can see, which is about 3 feet by 10 feet.

Vac now half full of festering rubber crap.

Floorboards raised (2), and system repressurised.

Leak located where the pipe passes through the brick wall from the radiator in the hall*.

*I suppose you could call it a hall, though it's only a very small 1930s semi.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Made my fry-up. At the very moment I decided it was ready to be turned out of the pan, my mum phoned. She has a knack for ringing just as I'm about to dish up

Anyway, I eventually got back to the food, and watched 633 Squadron as planned.

Apparently, the collection of planes they assembled for making that film constituted the fourteenth largest air force in the world at the time
          Talley ho, chaps!

Chocks away, Ginger!

Comment

Talley ho, chaps!

Chocks away, Ginger!
            Indeed

Can't find my DVD of The Dambusters

It's probably been put away in one of the many boxes. The box set of The Sweeney is in one of them, too. Boxes within boxes

Comment

Well that's saved you from the embarrassment of Guy Gibson's dog.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                The box set of The Sweeney is in one of them, too. Boxes within boxes
                You could watch 'em all and remind me which ep has George Carter whingeing about a house costing £11k.

Comment

It's been grey & dry for most of the day.

We've just had torrential rain, and a gale, with added murrain of beasts, as a squall blew through.

Dunno what tomorrow will bring.

Then again, when hasn't that been true?

Comment

Watched the David Gilmour thing on BBC2 last night, then switched to the freesat classic rock channel "Vintage", which, just by coincidence, played Pink Floyd for the hour from 23:00 to 00:00.

As I switched over it was playing "One of these days (I'm gonna cut you into little pieces)".

Comment

It's been grey & dry for most of the day.

We've just had torrential rain, and a gale, with added murrain of beasts, as a squall blew through.

Dunno what tomorrow will bring.

Then again, when hasn't that been true?
                      Looks like that little lot will be arriving here in about an hour

Comment

Working...
                      X