• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My broadband is down. Had to find my wifi dongle thingy, only to discover its battery had gone flat. Then I had to top it up. Now I can finally get online and try to find out what the hell Virgin is playing at

I vaguely remember them saying they were going to be doing some work which might cause disconnection, upgrading our speeds hereabouts, in which case it's all in a good cause; but I thought that was next week, not today

Comment

Ah. Known issue. Engineer at work, expected fix by 3pm

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        My broadband is down. Had to find my wifi dongle thingy, only to discover its battery had gone flat. Then I had to top it up. Now I can finally get online and try to find out what the hell Virgin is playing at

I vaguely remember them saying they were going to be doing some work which might cause disconnection, upgrading our speeds hereabouts, in which case it's all in a good cause; but I thought that was next week, not today
        I got one of those letters referencing 5th November. I am anticipating an email shortly thereafter telling me my speed has been upgraded, and then another email a month after that telling me about the corresponding price rise.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          I got one of those letters referencing 5th November. I am anticipating an email shortly thereafter telling me my speed has been upgraded, and then another email a month after that telling me about the corresponding price rise.
          Sounds about right

Our work is on the 12th of November, apparently.

Comment

Nice day by the pool.finaldinner at local restaurant to go. Wake up call booked for 4am local time! Midnight time in the UK.

Comment

Timesheets for the month havent been approved. so I wont be sending Octobers invoice off today.

Comment

Looks like the broadband is back

Comment

Ah. Known issue. Engineer at work, expected fix by 3pm
                  But are they XKCD/806 compliant?
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    But are they XKCD/806 compliant?
                    Probably not

My IP address has changed, so I popped over to DynDNS to check it had updated a few domain names I use for experimental purposes. It had, as usual. But it turned out the card on my account had expired, so at least I got to update that before the annual renewal failed

Comment

Probably not

My IP address has changed, so I popped over to DynDNS to check it had updated a few domain names I use for experimental purposes. It had, as usual. But it turned out the card on my account had expired, so at least I got to update that before the annual renewal failed
                      This doesn't bode well for my limited knowledge of the settings on my NAS

Comment

Working...
                      X