• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all.

I see someone's fixed the weather this weekend.

The weather clock must have got stuck last weekend when it was all golden sun, dry and warm.

It's clicked on a bit since then, so now it's rain (horizontal), wind (almost gale force), hail, and murrain of beasts.

Bit of an exaggeration about the hail though.

It hasn't clicked on quite that far.

And I've got to go down town to get my leg of lamb for tomorrow.

And, of course, it's washing day again.

I wonder if the washing machine will cooperate today.

Comment

The start button has dropped off my washer. It went down inside the casing. Still works because my little finger can poke the thing that the start button used to poke. Seems a shame to buy a new one under those circumstances. Anyway, it's time to fire the beggar up.

Comment

Home!

Much rain en route, as predicted. Traffic was down to less than 40mph on the M40 at one point - you could scarcely see the vehicles in the lane next to you, never mind see ahead

I had thought I might make it back without having to fill up, having left on Thursday with a full tank, but as I was approaching the M69 in Coventry the warning light came on. I made a detour, thinking it was better to fill up rather than chancing the motorway. A few wrong turns later and I was heading out of Coventry on a country road with nowhere to stop or turn round

Eventually I came to a turning with a sign for Leicester. Taking it, I suddenly realised I was now on the Fosse Way. This is normally a good thing, as I live on the Fosse Way so it was definitely taking me in the right direction; however, the Romans may have made it nice and straight, but they neglected to put any petrol stations on that stretch. I carried on, over Watling Street, and made it to a Shell place out in the country where it turned out I had just under ten litres left. So I could have made it back after all, at the risk of gunking up the engine with whatever might have collected in the very bottom of the tank.

Time for coffee now, I think

Comment

CovBaby had a stomach bug on Thursday which caused him to miss nursery. All better now bar a few days of being whiny.

But guess who he's passed it on to.... yep, lucky me! No sleep for me last night - what a way to end a week of leave.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post

CovBaby had a stomach bug on Thursday which caused him to miss nursery. All better now bar a few days of being whiny.

But guess who he's passed it on to.... yep, lucky me! No sleep for me last night - what a way to end a week of leave.
            Ugh <- manly

Comment

Home insurance renewal, their own website quotes me over £100 less than the letter and I can get it half price elsewhere. Why do they bother?
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Town gone to.

Lamb purchased.

Appointments made at bank & building soc for next Wednesday morn.

Washing done.

Washing machine doing its leaky best.

ZeitLeakyWashingMachineScavengePump(tm) working overtime to keep up.

Middle room now turned into sauna with drying washing & fan heater & 2 dehumidifiers.

Comment

MrsB just got her first OU Degree course assignment back. 90/100, A Grade.

Might have to be a small celebration this evening
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Ugh <- manly
                    careful, you might catch it too.

Comment

A nice man just rang the doorbell to inform me that my apple tree had red spider.

He seemed a bit non plussed that I didn't actually give a tulip, especially since I was fighting the washing machine at the time.

Comment

Working...
                      X