• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Morning

Rainy there too?
    Lashing it down

Comment

The cob shop over the road has been transmogrified. I assume they finally managed to sell it. It's been painted a rather unpleasant shade of green, replacing its tasteful creamy pale yellow, and has acquired garish illuminated signage replacing the typographically quite pleasing sign of yore.

It's still called "The Cob Shop" though, so at least it hasn't been turned into some nightmarish hipster watering hole

I'll have to try their bacon and sausage cobs before I can be sure things are OK, though.
      Oh it will and your bacon and sausage will be replaced by mung bean and beard.

You need to firebomb the place now to stop it spreading.

:-S

Comment

Morning All

It's still called "The Cob Shop" though, so at least it hasn't been turned into some nightmarish hipster watering hole
        It has. It's an ironic pastiche of the garish 'greasy spoons' of times long past. They guy serving will have a mullet but for some reason you'll need to make a reservation.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          Lashing it down
          It's going to stop around lunchtime, apparently.

I was going to go shopping and to collect some stuff from the sorting office, but I think I'll leave it until this afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Oh it will and your bacon and sausage will be replaced by mung bean and beard.

You need to firebomb the place now to stop it spreading.

:-S

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              It has. It's an ironic pastiche of the garish 'greasy spoons' of times long past. They guy serving will have a mullet but for some reason you'll need to make a reservation.

Though, TBH, the mullet could just mean he lives on one of the many nearby council estates

Comment

just found a pack of greggs sausage rolls in the fridge with only two left in the pack

Just had a warmed up one now to take the edge of hunger.

The other will be scoffed at lunchtime with a cob/roll/batch/barm cake.

Comment

Flying visit as I'm busy on plan b, plan c and working at a new clientco a mile from home.

This place is too depressing now so I'm not staying
                  Last edited by eek; 28 October 2015, 11:57.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Flying visit as I'm busy on plan b, plan c and working at a new clientco miles from home.

This place is too depressing now so I'm not staying
                    Hello stranger

Don't let the get you down.

You still got an office with a view?
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

ZeitKnackeredNow(tm)

All this shifting of paper is getting a bit overwhelming.

Though I did find some hardware from 1979 just now.

I think it was a floppy controller card from some sort of ancient computer, certainly not ISA or Apple II.

It had a ceramic packaged NS1770 which at a guess is the floppy controller chip.

Comment

Working...
                      X