• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Hope the Parrot doesn't see it, it'd really get up his beak.

Comment

When I got up this morning, I looked out of the window & up at the sky.

I could see the constellation of Orion.

No sign of attack ships on fire off its shoulder though.

Which is good.

No sign of the Tannhauser Gate either.

Which is also good.

Comment

Morning

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start here, but chilly with it

Comment

Late last night, the toilet cistern suddenly made a terrifically load groaning sound for several seconds as it was coming to the end of refilling. I think I heard the upstairs neighbour moving around immediately afterwards, probably awoken by the noise and looking to see if there was a sickly tuba trapped in her flat somewhere

It hasn't done it again yet, though

Intensive research A few seconds with Google suggests this could indicate that the filler valve is on the way out. It also seems very easy to replace the old-school ballcock with a new-fangled apparatus costing a few quid from all good DIY stores. So I'll get one of those and, when I finally get around to installing the new flush mechanism I bought when that was playing up last year, I'll do that part as well.

(The flush still plays up fairly regularly, but can be coaxed back into vigorous action with a bit of fiddling about under the hood.)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Late last night, the toilet cistern suddenly made a terrifically load groaning sound for several seconds as it was coming to the end of refilling. I think I heard the upstairs neighbour moving around immediately afterwards, probably awoken by the noise and looking to see if there was a sickly tuba trapped in her flat somewhere

It hasn't done it again yet, though

Intensive research A few seconds with Google suggests this could indicate that the filler valve is on the way out. It also seems very easy to replace the old-school ballcock with a new-fangled apparatus costing a few quid from all good DIY stores. So I'll get one of those and, when I finally get around to installing the new flush mechanism I bought when that was playing up last year, I'll do that part as well.

(The flush still plays up fairly regularly, but can be coaxed back into vigorous action with a bit of fiddling about under the hood.)
              Buy the parts and put them on top of your unassembled bookcases - that way you won't lose them.

Comment

Well that was a crap couple of days.

Spent most of Sunday in A&E with GMIL, her having been despatched thither by the care home after they tried to call the doctor out and got told to call 111. Turns out she has (another) UTI and was sent home again 12 hours later.

Missed the rugby, although given the nature of the result for Scotland it probably saved my blood pressure.

Yesterday it appears MrsB has come down with Glandular Fever or one of it's close relatives.

Today a 5+ hour drive to Client C0. when it usually takes less than 4.

Ho. as they feckin' well say, Hum.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  When I got up this morning, I looked out of the window & up at the sky.

I could see the constellation of Orion.
                  Any idea what that fecking bright star thing is in the East? Visible about 6.30 am

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                    Buy the parts and put them on top of your unassembled bookcases - that way you won't lose them.
                    I like your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                      Any idea what that fecking bright star thing is in the East? Visible about 6.30 am
                      Venus. I looked it up with my point-the-phone-at-the-sky app the other morning

Comment

Working...
                      X