• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rather like that we have created a world where this happens: AP accidentally links to video of cat dressed like pirate | Poynter.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Well that was a crap couple of days.

Spent most of Sunday in A&E with GMIL, her having been despatched thither by the care home after they tried to call the doctor out and got told to call 111. Turns out she has (another) UTI and was sent home again 12 hours later.

Missed the rugby, although given the nature of the result for Scotland it probably saved my blood pressure.

Yesterday it appears MrsB has come down with Glandular Fever or one of it's close relatives.

Today a 5+ hour drive to Client C0. when it usually takes less than 4.

Ho. as they feckin' well say, Hum.

Mother had frequent UTIs, and they really do knock them for six. She was put on a prophylactic antibiotic that seemed to do the trick once we got her taking it regularly.

I started to wonder if the raised toilet seat causes issues, as in incomplete emptying (or voiding in medspeak) but I googled and couldn't find anything supporting my theory.

Comment

The sun?
        Sigh. I asked for that didn't I?

Comment

Afternoon all.

Plumber no show.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            Sigh. I asked for that didn't I?
            Yes. Yes you did
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
              What are you doing up at 6:30 whilst not in a contract?
              I assume he's not been to bed yet
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Mother had frequent UTIs, and they really do knock them for six. She was put on a prophylactic antibiotic that seemed to do the trick once we got her taking it regularly.

I started to wonder if the raised toilet seat causes issues, as in incomplete emptying (or voiding in medspeak) but I googled and couldn't find anything supporting my theory.
                GMIL is on AB's already but this one seemed to slip by anyway. They've put her on a dose fit for a rhino for three days to try and get on top of it.

My understanding is that it's a combination of deteriorating plumbing and poor personal hygene due to loss of fine motor skills.

It's tulip getting old, as far as I can see.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Late last night, the toilet cistern suddenly made a terrifically load groaning sound for several seconds as it was coming to the end of refilling. I think I heard the upstairs neighbour moving around immediately afterwards, probably awoken by the noise and looking to see if there was a sickly tuba trapped in her flat somewhere

It hasn't done it again yet, though

Intensive research A few seconds with Google suggests this could indicate that the filler valve is on the way out. It also seems very easy to replace the old-school ballcock with a new-fangled apparatus costing a few quid from all good DIY stores. So I'll get one of those and, when I finally get around to installing the new flush mechanism I bought when that was playing up last year, I'll do that part as well.

(The flush still plays up fairly regularly, but can be coaxed back into vigorous action with a bit of fiddling about under the hood.)
                  I can send you the plans for the ZeitLeakyWashingMachineWaterPump(tm) if you like, just in case.

It's always good to find a way around actually fixing the problem.

Comment

Well that was a crap couple of days.

Spent most of Sunday in A&E with GMIL, her having been despatched thither by the care home after they tried to call the doctor out and got told to call 111. Turns out she has (another) UTI and was sent home again 12 hours later.

Missed the rugby, although given the nature of the result for Scotland it probably saved my blood pressure.

Yesterday it appears MrsB has come down with Glandular Fever or one of it's close relatives.

Today a 5+ hour drive to Client C0. when it usually takes less than 4.

Ho. as they feckin' well say, Hum.
                    <-Lizardly

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      I can send you the plans for the ZeitLeakyWashingMachineWaterPump(tm) if you like, just in case.

It's always good to find a way around actually fixing the problem.
                      I think I'm better off taking my chances with just the water, rather than risking fooling about with electricity AND water

Comment

Working...
                      X