• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So give me twitter 101.

What happens if I 'favourite' a tweet? Who sees it, or is it just my favouritee?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      So give me twitter 101.

What happens if I 'favourite' a tweet? Who sees it, or is it just my favouritee?
      The author of the tweet will be notified, if they have notification-of-favourites enabled. People who are @mentioned in the tweet will also be notified, if they've enabled that. Other than that, people viewing your account can look at your favourites list. And anybody viewing a particular tweet can see that it's been favourited, and if they choose can see the list of who's favourited it.

I think that's about it.

Comment

sigh.
        extension signed and mailed back - check
        shirts ironed - check
        wishing i'd told them to stick it - check

Only 7 weeks till we knock off for christmas though

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          sigh.
          extension signed and mailed back - check
          shirts ironed - check
          wishing i'd told them to stick it - check

Think of the invoices

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            That's enough of that for one evening. Debugging 8086 assembly language on an 80x24 character display is a bit too tortuous for a Sunday evening
            I'm not sure I ever got on very well with codeview.

I suspect I used debug instead.

And IIRC I used something from HiSoft on the Einstein to debug Z80 code.

Ah, them were the days.

You could get on with your work with no whining purple monkeys to irritate you.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post

The esteemed customers must be delighted that semesterisation means they have exams as soon as they return from the Xmas break.

I'm eternally glad that it didn't exist in my dim & distant youth.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                I'm not sure I ever got on very well with codeview.

I suspect I used debug instead.

And IIRC I used something from HiSoft on the Einstein to debug Z80 code.

Ah, them were the days.

You could get on with your work with no whining purple monkeys to irritate you.
                One of the reasons I liked CodeView was the aforementioned hijacking of the keyboard interrupt - CodeView was smart enough to realise that had happened, set it back to the original value when hitting a breakpoint, and restore the hijacking value when you went back to running code, and even for each instruction as you single-stepped. Every other debugger was completely useless in this respect, as when you hit a breakpoint the keyboard no longer worked so you were stuck

Oh, and the fact that it buffered the screen memory, so you could flip back and forth between your graphics and the text-based debugger screen using F4, which made it a lot easier to work out what was going on if your drawing routines were going haywire, which they usually were on a first attempt

Comment

Well, at long last this looks like the week I stick my notice in at PermieCo. Events over the last two or three weeks mean that I just can't see a future here any more. It's too much hassle for the permie pittance. Were it a contract I'd stay and invoice, but...

Sadly my return to ex-ClientCo has fallen through due to budget cuts, so I need to get thinking about setting up a new Ltd and back into the fray. At least I have three months of notice to work out a plan of attack.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                    Well, at long last this looks like the week I stick my notice in at PermieCo. Events over the last two or three weeks mean that I just can't see a future here any more. It's too much hassle for the permie pittance. Were it a contract I'd stay and invoice, but...

Sadly my return to ex-ClientCo has fallen through due to budget cuts, so I need to get thinking about setting up a new Ltd and back into the fray. At least I have three months of notice to work out a plan of attack.
                    Sorry to hear things have gone tits up, but these things happen

Now come into the light…

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X