• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    How's life been with you Pondy, still over on the mainland?
    Still pottering along but reduced mainland travel to two weeks a month max.

Have cooked Steak a la bucket a couple more times now (52 degrees for about an hour) + 30 secs each side on a searing griddle. I'm not sure that there is a better way within the confines of a household kitchen.

Found a couple of new eateries locally so all happy on the food front.

Comment

Ah!

Didn't see it on FB either, no idea why. The feed is a tad garbled, so often I end up seeing stuff from peeps days later or not seeing it at all.

Belated Condolences.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        Still pottering along but reduced mainland travel to two weeks a month max.

Have cooked Steak a la bucket a couple more times now (52 degrees for about an hour) + 30 secs each side on a searing griddle. I'm not sure that there is a better way within the confines of a household kitchen.

Found a couple of new eateries locally so all happy on the food front.
        Haven't done steak in a bucket in a while and also have been remiss on the bbq front.

Though I have a feeling I'll be cooking rather a lot of the same curry for the next month and practising plating said curry. Have ordered some swanky curry dishes from Amazon.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Am currently waiting for the rain to stop so that I can pop to the shops and score a bottle of whisky.

Our anniversary this weekend and we always raise a glass of Glenlivet 18 year old to toast the occasion, as that was what we drank when we met.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Teach 'em 8080 assembly language

In fact, aren't there still Z80-based microcontrollers in wide use out there?
            I think that millions of Z80s are produced even yet.

Though Zilog have never made a profit out of the damn thing.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              I think that millions of Z80s are produced even yet.

Though Zilog have never made a profit out of the damn thing.
              Doesn't look as if the 6502 is still in wide use

Comment

If the butter has softened enough, I shall now give my new toasted sandwich maker its first run

Comment

And then there's this:

Zilog Document Download

Comment

Doesn't look as if the 6502 is still in wide use
                    And the 6809 has been dead for decades.

Comment

If the butter has softened enough, I shall now give my new toasted sandwich maker its first run
                      Is it a breville one?

Toasties (aka Tostis) are very popular here which is great.

Though they have a strange habit of serving them with ketchup

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X