• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched Patriot Games for the first time. OK, I suppose, but my enjoyment was somewhat hindered because the utterly ridiculous bits at the start kept preying on my mind.

To wit: from the terrorist attack to a full trial at the Old Bailey appeared to take two to three weeks, judging by the progression of the gunshot injury Mr Ryan had received, which is of course far beyond the speed which any criminal justice system outside one of those "Democratic Republic" nations could manage.

Furthermore, at said trial, the defence barrister was allowed to cross-examine the witness Ryan in a manner which would, in the real Central Criminal Court, probably result in him being both disbarred for gross incompetence and sent down for contempt of court.

Finally, I've never been in the Old Bailey, but I strongly suspect that the courts are not in fact laid out in such a manner that a witness leaving the box has to cross most of the room and pass through a narrow gap that brings them within inches of the dock, thereby making it easy for the defendant to lean down and snarl threats right in their face from a distance of about six inches.

I know these things are supposed to be thrillers, not documentaries, but they could at least try a little

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

'Morning

Definitely a bit

Comment

Morning all.

Comment

Shouldn't have drunk so much port last night. &

Comment

ZeitBoredNow(tm).

Doesn't bode well for the coming week.

Comment

Morning all.
                Lovely weekend.

Saturday: Picked 2 grape vines, produced 14 litres of wine (I say "wine", we'll see what it tastes like)
                Sunday: Crushed & pressed some apples with our neighbour - 20 litres of cider.

Sunny Monday morning dog walk.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Feck me, it's like the Marie Celeste in here this morning.

Maybe I missed the memo.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Feck me, it's like the Marie Celeste in here this morning.

Maybe I missed the memo.
                    Ain't nobody here but us parrots.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

All on a tea break.

Comment

Working...
                      X