• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had another 4 egg scrambled egg on hovis followed by some yogurt and a piece of cake.

Living the dream.

Not sure why the eggs were so orange.

Reckon it must be dye in the chicken feed.

M&S eggs ain't that colour, but Tesco large westcountry eggs apparently are.

In other news I've just had the 3rd dump of the day, which is a bit disturbing.

Comment

Need to go shopping at various places, including two at opposite edges of the city. I suppose if I go now, I'm in with a fighting chance of avoiding the rush hour.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Just had another 4 egg scrambled egg on hovis followed by some yogurt and a piece of cake.

Living the dream.

Are you talking about the shell or the yolk? Shell colour depends on the bird.
        Yolk colour normally relates to the diet. Better diet, healthier chicken = orange yolk. If the chicken is getting a good balance of worms/grubs/seeds/corn/leaves, you'll get an orange yolk. If it's really fresh, the white will cling to the yolk when you put the egg in a pan. Frying a really fresh egg is difficult because it doesn't spread out on the pan.
        The other thing to consider is the amount of antibiotics/medicines fed to the birds. This will also affect the quality of the eggs. Fewer drugs, better for you.

Disturbing because you've normally had Number 3 number 2 before lunch?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Living the dream.

Apparently you're not egg-bound.

I do like eggs. I eat lots of them.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Jacket cheese and beans here
            Breakfast = Eggs on Toast

Lunch = Stilton & Beans on toast - Yummy.

Dinner = Chicken stew.

so pretty good day!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

What a fun afternoon. Wednesday is my afternoon off to look after CovBaby. All a bit fraught today - he normally has a nap around 2:30 or 3:00. Today he's managed to fight it until almost 4:00, which doesn't bode well for bedtime later.

Have been trying to juggle pimps this afternoon too. Most of them don't seem to be able to read my CV and just phone up for any random tulip. One was sounding OK but then started asking snotty questions about why I left contracting for permie (two years ago now!) and why I'm applying for the job I did when my current job title isn't the same one (obviously the years of experience on the CV she's opened up don't count). I wonder how these people manage to walk and talk at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                What a fun afternoon. Wednesday is my afternoon off to look after CovBaby. All a bit fraught today - he normally has a nap around 2:30 or 3:00. Today he's managed to fight it until almost 4:00, which doesn't bode well for bedtime later.
                Try gin. For you and the baby.

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                Have been trying to juggle pimps this afternoon too.
                Shame if you were to drop one. Or more than one.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Try gin.

This.

This is the answer to most questions in life. And when it's not the answer, that's only because the question is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    This.

This is the answer to most questions in life. And when it's not the answer, that's only because the question is wrong.
                    Gin is never the answer.

Whisky or a decent pint however..
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Whisky

If you can't spell it, you shouldn't drink it.

As for a decent pint, yes, real ale, none of your poncy lager stuff

Comment

Working...
                      X