• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another day, another chunk of code that's either brilliant or insane

I strongly incline to the latter in this case

Comment

*tap tap* Is this thing on?

Comment

One tap for yes, two for no.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Will need to confirm 100% but I'm in the area (well 30 miles away that weekend). Won't be able to drink though as I'm driving...
          Are you coming?

Comment

Last edited by zeitghost; 14 August 2016, 07:56.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Another day, another chunk of code that's either brilliant or insane

I strongly incline to the latter in this case
              Have you read any of the books in the Laundry Files series by Charles Stross?

That's "insane coding".
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Home!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Have you read any of the books in the Laundry Files series by Charles Stross?

That's "insane coding".
                  I haven't - I must add them to the list

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I haven't - I must add them to the list
                    Based around the premise that a half decent computer and the right combination of logic, maths and coding is every bit as good (if not better) for summoning up nasties from the dungeon dimensions as a book of spells and a magic wand. And a damn sight more dangerous
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Very

Comment

Working...
                      X