• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by zeitghost; 14 August 2016, 07:25.

Comment

Last edited by zeitghost; 14 August 2016, 07:25.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Super post! So I am 80-90kg. A tin of 250ml red bull is 80-90mg. So I need 3 tins to get me to peak performance. Caffeine has a half life of 3-5 hours - call it 4 hours. So every 4 hours I need another 3 tins. The event lasts 130 hours - add an hour beforehand and 9 hours afterwards(I am going to need it). So I need about 105 tins!

Okay - I am going to sleep. And I will get caffeine from other sources. But I reckon 40 tins should be a good start. I can always pop down the local co-op for more.....
        I'de be seriously worried about drinking that much Redbull to be honest. Not the sugar and caffeine but the other stuff they put in it. Maybe drink a can when you stop to eat etc but otherwsie I'd stick to caffinated carb drinks and gels. Drinking that many cans will give you huge doses of B vitamins and Taurine. 1 can of Redbull conatains the full RDA of Taurine (1000mg) and way more than your RDA for B vitamins. B VItamins in particular can cause some nasty side effects if you over do it - Headaches, Blurred Vision, Nausea etc.

Your call, it;s your event and your body. But I wouldnt do it.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Last edited by zeitghost; 14 August 2016, 07:26.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            VR or no VR, that is the question.

Whether it be nobler in the mind to soldier on for another 4 interminable years, or be sensible & bugger off before I kill someone.

Byeeeeee

Is it a good payoff? If so, take the money and go back to contracting

Comment

Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                <- manly

Comment

The younger eek jr has had about 14" of hair cut off and donated it to Little Princess Trust - A charity to provide real hair wigs for children suffering hair loss

I had totally forgotten it was being done today...

Which is better than her sister's last hair cut. Which we remembered 24 hours after the appointment as we walked past the shop...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

For some reason, it never occurred to me until today that I should be putting my GitHub subscription through the business

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      The younger eek jr has had about 14" of hair cut off and donated it to Little Princess Trust - A charity to provide real hair wigs for children suffering hair loss

I had totally forgotten it was being done today...

Which is better than her sister's last hair cut. Which we remembered 24 hours after the appointment as we walked past the shop...
                      Barmaid at out local did the same a couple of weeks back.

North Notts Drinker Plus : Carol's Sacrifice - A Tale from The Mallard

She raised over £1500 as well.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X