• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Eldest is rapidly approaching A2 exams but she decided that she wanted to increase her overall Maths grade and is resitting Core 1 Maths. She smashed C2, Decision and Mechanics but was disappointed with the core 1 so is trying to gain a few extra points.
    And its over, she seemed to think it went well.

Comment

Spent ages back in March and April trying to get Chef Analytics server to send email notifications, but none ever came through. In the end, it got shoved on the back burner, as Chef were working on an updated version anyway.

Today, the server had to be restarted over an unrelated issue. Suddenly, over 1,100 emails arrived in my inbox within a minute or so

Best thing is that it's apparently trying to clear its queue when it shuts down, but never sending it all in time because it's so backed up; and it doesn't clear the queue until it's done so. We've restarted it several times this morning, and every time it manages to send me hundreds of the same emails all over again. Nobody can work out where it's hiding its queue, to clear it manually

My suggestion that we make it automatically reboot every time it sends a notification has been rejected, even though it would clearly get things working once the queue is cleared

Comment

I was just poking around the Ipse forums for the first time. Had a look in the recommended software thread and saw someone recommending Subversion and TortoiseSVN as a good alternative to CVS!

Christ on a bike! How old is this? Oh, 2006, carry on

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          I was just poking around the Ipse forums for the first time.
          Do dive in - the water's lovely!

Comment

Kittens shouldn't look so cute if they don't want to be picked up and cuddled. Fortunately they're too small to put up much of a fight!

Comment

On the train back from That There London, having been up for a client co event this morning. Question is: do I go back to the office and spend the last hour or so catching up on email etc, or do I go straight back home and get the bike out for a pootle in the sunshine?

Decisions, decisions.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                On the train back from That There London, having been up for a client co event this morning. Question is: do I go back to the office and spend the last hour or so catching up on email etc, or do I go straight back home and get the bike out for a pootle in the sunshine?

Decisions, decisions.
                Office. Definitely.

Comment

offering to work from home over the weekend as we need to fix a problem.

As end client is willingly paying for us to fix it it seems the least I can do...

Also I want a new camera lens and this will pay for it...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Kittens shouldn't look so cute if they don't want to be picked up and cuddled. Fortunately they're too small to put up much of a fight!
                    Just wait a while.

ZeitMog would complain if I picked her up, but would get reconciled to the idea after about 5 seconds or so.

The only I cat I've ever met who could miaow "nnooooooo".

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Office. Definitely.
                      Bike it is then
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X