• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home!

I was going to get my prescriptions filled on the way home, but on closer inspection the surgery had missed an item off. How they managed this I do not know: I order the repeats online, so all they have to do is print it off.

So I came home and popped round to the surgery instead. As usual, upon inspecting the computer screen they found the box to tick and printed it off. As I'm not in a rush for it, I told them I'll pick it up tomorrow, rather than waiting for the doctor to sign it.

How they manage to get something screwed up every month in what should be, bar the signatures, a fully automated process, is beyond me

Comment

BBC Radio 4 - Drama, Far Side of the Moore

Comment

4 Morning Rituals That Will Transform Your LifeHigher Perspective

Water, green juice, jumping jacks, then sex.

Just wait there love - I'll only be a few minutes. I'll be a bit sweaty, busting for a pee and might have spinach between me teeth, but you'll still want to, right?

Comment

Well there we are, Patrick Moore immortalised in drama.

Who'd have thunk it.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Just wait there love - I'll only be a few minutes. I'll be a bit sweaty, busting for a pee and might have spinach between me teeth, but you'll still want to, right?
            Phwooooarh! Now yer talking.

<ZG in "that Napoleon geezer might have had a point" mode>

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

And it'll be magic!
              FTFY
              Join IPSE

Comment

ok so, firstly...the agency finally offered me an extension...

altho...the role is now a hybrid role...

they asked my how much i wanted (before telling me the role is changing)...

after I told them...they thought about it and came back with a counter offer of £10 quid less

I told them no so they thought about it some more and then accepted...

then I was called in to clientco head honcho's office and told that someone in the "team" will be booted out soon and I need to fill that gap...don't say anything yet as they think you are going...until we have a "word"

erm...not sure what to make of this? is it a or a
                Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                  ok so, firstly...the agency finally offered me an extension...

altho...the role is now a hybrid role...

they asked my how much i wanted (before telling me the role is changing)...

after I told them...they thought about it and came back with a counter offer of £10 quid less

I told them no so they thought about it some more and then accepted...

then I was called in to clientco head honcho's office and told that someone in the "team" will be booted out soon and I need to fill that gap...don't say anything yet as they think you are going...until we have a "word"

erm...not sure what to make of this? is it a or a
                  Sounds a bit at the moment

Comment

This thing of trading an hour's sleep for lighter evenings isn't working for me. It's so grey and rainy that I've had to put the lights on, even though the sun hasn't set yet

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Sounds a bit at the moment
                      yes thats probably right
                      Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X