• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    That's almost exactly how it works

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      It's Monday.

That's washing day.

So it's strip the bed & wash everything in the ever increasing heap that piled up since I've been crook.

3 loads ought to do it.

If I'm lucky.

Well 3 loads will do it.

Unfortunately it started raining just as I was pegging the sheets out.

So I've only done 2 so far.

Will do the third when I get back from visiting the ZeitParents this afternoon.

Comment

Just discovered that the mysterious bottle of "stuff" that's resided on the kitchen windowsill since last September, is, in fact, "Lindacide".

This isn't stuff for killing Lindas however, rather it's a now banned pesticide that kills more or less everything it touches.

Including, I suspect, me.

Now WTF do I do with this, I wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          I take it you are still signed off sick? Being permie holidays when you are sick can be treated as sick days and the holidays taken again later....

That bit of knowledge really annoys HR when you remind them of it...
          Yes.

I know.

That's why I got the paper last Friday.

Thar be no flies on this lizard.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Interesting thing about the little Chef cookbook I've just completed is that it actually upgrades Chef itself.
            Gutted.

I thought you were talking about recipes from the Little Chef chain.

I liked their steak & kidley pies.

Comment

I've just had another couple of slices of the beef from a week yesterday for lunch.

I must be getting better.

It tasted very nice.

And there's still a bit left to go in the stew on Tuesday.

Comment

Just remembered that I'd forgotten there's a play on R4 about dear old Patrick Moore & his 55 year stint on Sky at Night.

I shall endeavour to remember to listen to it on iPlayer.

It would have been good to listen to that while I was polishing the wardrobe.

I don't think I've ever seen wood so pleased to see polish.

Comment

Catch you later, alligators.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    I've just had another couple of slices of the beef from a week yesterday for lunch.

I must be getting better.

It tasted very nice.

And there's still a bit left to go in the stew on Tuesday.
                    It's always good when your sense of taste returns. Means you're getting betterer.

Comment

Just been told (not asked) that I'm being extended. Not sure whether to or

Comment

Working...
                      X