• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning All,

Tis a grey Thursday but there's almost no breeze. From my office window I can see stack smoke that's sort of just hanging about and a wind turbine that really can't be bothered today.

The most important bit of the above is that it's Thursday. If all goes to plan then Thursday will be followed by Friday, which in turn will be followed by the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Morning denizens

Very grey, and very rainy

On the bright side, I've remembered my sandwiches, and even a bag of crisps to go with them! Today, I shall dine like a king*

* permie
      Saying you're having sandwiches is like saying you work with computers. Details man!

I cannot decide whether I like this until I have more info.

Ham + anything = like, egg + anything =

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        Saying you're having sandwiches is like saying you work with computers. Details man!

egg + ham ?
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Gah, clientCo have foisted their corporate desktop background upon us. Instead of a nice view of the Amalfi coast, I now have headache inducing bright green. I understand the desire for a corporate background, but at least choose something that won't result in migraines. I bet if I were to wander over to IT, they'd all have their own backgrounds. Won't even let me set for the session. I might have to google registry settings...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            egg + ham ?
            That would be brief euphoria when I first noticed the hammy goodness followed by bitter disappointment as I spot the fried egg. The only way this could end well is if the yolk remained fully intact as I carefully slide off the egg in to the bin.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

Honey roast ham (2 slices, fairly thickly cut) from the Sainsbury's deli counter on a brown finger roll.

Brown bread tastes rather like cardboard to my mind, but I occasionally buy some in a vague nod to modern notions of "healthy eating".

Lunch will be two more such rolls, this time with roast beef from the same source, each with similar quantities. Oh, and a little freshly-ground pepper. Except it isn't going to be freshly-ground by then, because I ground it last night

Oh, and the crisps: Walkers plain, or "Ready Salted" as they still call them even though unsalted crisps vanished in the early/mid 1960s. (Yes, I know Smiths reintroduced the blue bag in the late Seventies, but that was just a nostalgia thing, later repackaged as a "healthy option" because of paranoia about salt, plus the fact that all the people who remembered the blue salt bag were going to die and nostalgia would cease to be a viable marketing strategy. Anyway, the salt used to come in a twist of blue paper, not a sachet.)

Enough detail?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Enough detail?
                The detail level is spot on but now I'm just a bit worried about you pandering to "food fashion" with this brown bread nonsense. But hey, it's your life.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  egg + ham ?
                  Only acceptable with chips.

Otherwise the appropriate pork product to accompany eggs is bacon. Sausages may be substituted should bacon not be available, or available in insufficient quantities cf. the 3 slice rule.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning all.

Not terribly good this morning, diaphragm muscles complaining of over use.

Appetite zero.

Only just managed, very slowly, to get the porridge down my neck.

Thank heavens for A Nice Cup of Tea.

Truly truly fed up with being

Someone get the humane killer, please, it would be a mercy.

Comment

And, to add to my boundless joy, my mate sent me a text while I was still in bed, which started the phone low battery beep.

And then some oik phoned up for ZeitPater trying to sell solar fecking panels.

Diver?

Was that you?

Comment

Working...
                      X