• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    What options do we have then... c'mon chimp, I'll help ya!
    1. Drive to Manchester for your spag bol - unfortunately the car is ill and at the vet's;
    2. Get a train to Manchester for your spag bol - unfortunately it'll probably be cold when I get there, if in fact I arrive at all;
    3. Hitch up the motorway to Manchester for your spag bol - see caveat to number 2.

There are also some more local options to be considered, but I think we should address the three most important options first.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      You're not a true TPD'er until 500 posts.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        1. Drive to Manchester for your spag bol - unfortunately the car is ill and at the vet's;
        2. Get a train to Manchester for your spag bol - unfortunately it'll probably be cold when I get there, if in fact I arrive at all;
        3. Hitch up the motorway to Manchester for your spag bol - see caveat to number 2.

There are also some more local options to be considered, but I think we should address the three most important options first.
        I can see how 1 and 2 could be problematic... ok then - what have we got thats local??
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I can see how 1 and 2 could be problematic... ok then - what have we got thats local??
          Another dream shattered

So, we have:
          1. Chicken casserole left over from yesterday, but I had that yesterday (obviously) and I could freeze what's left.
          2. Fish fingers, chips and beans
          3. Burger and chips (home-made, not that American rubbish)
          4. Chinese takeaway - involves a ten-minute walk in the cold (five minutes there and five minutes back) but it's a very good one and even has a smiley face from the council's hygiene inspectors
          5. Chippy - same distance as Chinese, also very good but only your standard chip-shop fare, which I'm not sure I'm in the mood for (I know the owner's brother, but that fact is of no relevance to anything)
          6. Kebab shop - one minute away (no, it's not downstairs ), but only really tolerable after drinking largely
          7. Starve to death while trying to make a decision

Comment

Another dream shattered

So, we have:
            1. Chicken casserole left over from yesterday, but I had that yesterday (obviously) and I could freeze what's left.

Nah
            2. Fish fingers, chips and beans

Not doing it for me...
            3. Burger and chips (home-made, not that American rubbish)

Possible..
            4. Chinese takeaway - involves a ten-minute walk in the cold (five minutes there and five minutes back) but it's a very good one and even has a smiley face from the council's hygiene inspectors

Possible but indian would be better
            5. Chippy - same distance as Chinese, also very good but only your standard chip-shop fare, which I'm not sure I'm in the mood for (I know the owner's brother, but that fact is of no relevance to anything)

Possible.. but not really doing it for me either!
            6. Kebab shop - one minute away (no, it's not downstairs ), but only really tolerable after drinking largely

Nah - you might not really want to go in there sober...
            7. Starve to death while trying to make a decision
            Not a good plan!!
            Bazza gets caught

Comment

bizarre... my answers didn't work properly...
              Bazza gets caught

Comment

Chicken casserole left over from yesterday, but I had that yesterday (obviously) and I could freeze what's left.

Nah

Fish fingers, chips and beans

Not doing it for me...

Burger and chips (home-made, not that American rubbish)

Possible..

Chinese takeaway - involves a ten-minute walk in the cold (five minutes there and five minutes back) but it's a very good one and even has a smiley face from the council's hygiene inspectors

Possible but indian would be better

Chippy - same distance as Chinese, also very good but only your standard chip-shop fare, which I'm not sure I'm in the mood for (I know the owner's brother, but that fact is of no relevance to anything)

Possible.. but not really doing it for me either!

Kebab shop - one minute away (no, it's not downstairs ), but only really tolerable after drinking largely

Nah - you might not really want to go in there sober...

Starve to death while trying to make a decision

Not a good plan!!
                I'm not sure we've got very far with this

Comment

Would you like me to make a decision for you?
                  Bazza gets caught

Comment

Indian isn't really an option, I'm afraid. Athough I live in a place that is the Official Curry Capital of Great Britain (or some such marketing gibberish), the nearest award-winning curry house is ten minutes away, making twenty minutes in all, counting the journey back, and it's too cold for that

Comment

Would you like me to make a decision for you?
                      You're a woman, I'm sure you already have

Comment

Working...
                      X