• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made it to ClientCorp. I have coffee and a bacon cob.

Also, no work to do. I told them yesterday I'd run out by lunchtime, then ran out before that. After lunch, I picked up a bit of somebody else's, and managed to stretch a two-hour task out to three. Then I just read vaguely-related tech stuff online.

Not sure what, if anything, I'll end up doing today; but nothing until after the standup at ten, at any rate

Comment

Morning all.

Thank feck it's Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Not sure what, if anything, I'll end up doing today; but nothing until after the standup at ten, at any rate
        I'm so used to doing nothing of significance that it comes as a shock when I actually have something to do.

Comment

Just got dressed. It seems I have run out of decent pants. Today's pair is rather holey. I hope I don't get run over by a bus.

Suppose I should drag my ill-clad arse to clientCo.

Probably should put some washing on first...

Comment

Spent last night trying to work out why the newly added create your own selection box software wasn't working on Mrs eek's website.

Turns out that even though I don't want to sell the chocolates individually I do need to give them a price otherwise they will not appear in the basket.

It's good fun and worth the £60 or so it cost now I've got it working. Click here to have a play...

Then I discovered that the server isn't sending out emails so thats a job for tonight when I have an ssh client...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Spent last night trying to work out why the newly added create your own selection box software wasn't working on Mrs eek's website.

Turns out that even though I don't want to sell the chocolates individually I do need to give them a price otherwise they will not appear in the basket.

It's good fun and worth the £60 or so it cost now I've got it working. Click here to have a play...

Then I discovered that the server isn't sending out emails so thats a job for tonight when I have an ssh client...
              Took me 4 attempts at dragging and dropping to realise it wasn't drag and drop...

Drag and drop would be nice!

Comment

Morning All,

POETS day!

Originally posted by eek View Post

You need to ensure you stick to the agreed SLA otherwise.. well.. you know how customers can get.

Comment

Feck me, it's <pfffffffft!> with a vengeance this morn.

Comment

Morning
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                      Evening All.

Just back from a pleasant evening in a new (to me) bar off the main drag in St Pauli. No stag do's, strippers or Irish bars.

Floor to ceiling wine bottles none of which I recognised, so I asked for a recommendation and the nice lady brought out six different whites for me to try from unopened bottles. Poured a slosh from each. I picked one for the evening, my colleague picked another and when the bill came they were 2.70 a glass. It was apparently one of the Beatles old hangouts.

I will be returning.
                      Sounds good, I love places like that.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X