• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I'm no expert, but I'm absolutely 100% certain that's the Dunning-Kruger effect at work
    Dunning

The study was inspired by the case of McArthur Wheeler, a man who robbed two banks after covering his face with lemon juice in the mistaken belief that, as lemon juice is usable as invisible ink, it would prevent his face from being recorded on surveillance cameras

Yup.

Sounds about right.

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
      That's the clever people can't believe thick people are so thick and thick people can't believe clever people are so clever thing isn't it?
      More about self-perception than perception of others: people of limited knowledge and understanding think highly of themselves because they don't know any better, while those who know their onions realise their own limits and thus underestimate their true worth.

Comment

I had a cracked windscreen this time last year that ended up being a huge hassle - not risking that again! I'll scrape instead
        Lots of people say that.

I've not cracked a windscreen yet.

With the Big Bloo Volvo, I used two 2 litre pop bottles full of warm water, otherwise I'd have been scraping for a week.

Obviously you have to squeegee the water off before it cools too much & freezes again.

Plus coz the glass is warmer, it doesn't mist up so much inside.

Comment

Anyway, back to the fray - this thing is supposed to be finished before 1pm, and I can't even remember what I still need to do

Comment

More about self-perception than perception of others: people of limited knowledge and understanding think highly of themselves because they don't know any better, while those who know their onions realise their own limits and thus underestimate their true worth.
            So, if I think I'm crap at what I do then I'm really very good?
            Get in! I'm a fecking genius then.
            I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Me too.

Genius level, me.

Depends wot you're comparing me with of course.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                What I find really frightening is that these people think they're good.
                Ah Zeity, surely you know that people who actually are good think they aren't?

Comment

Yeah, wot he said

Comment

Right!

E-mail sent to really expensive cloggy school to find out when they have availability.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Afternoon all

Getting very bored here. What ever possessed me to think that going permie would be a good idea?

Need to think about getting out within the next six months or else I can see myself rotting away here for ever...

Comment

Working...
                      X