• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Have you got a sausage stuffer yet? *oo'er missus*

Am investigating meat grinders. I have one for the kitchen aid but its a tad pants, as you have to freeze the meat slightly. Want a metal one but not one you have to hand crank.

I've managed to find someone who does meat casings over here, I'd like to be able to get caul so I can also make faggots.
    Got a hand crank job that grinds and stuffs.

The chap running the course I went on recommended freezing the meat slightly so you get a cleaner grind, even with an electric grinder. If the meat is warm it has a tendency to just get crushed in the grinder and come out as mush.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Got a hand crank job that grinds and stuffs.

The chap running the course I went on recommended freezing the meat slightly so you get a cleaner grind, even with an electric grinder. If the meat is warm it has a tendency to just get crushed in the grinder and come out as mush.
      Delia does a good quick flaky pastry recipe that requires you to freeze and grate the frozen margarine. I can confirm the grating doesn't work if you don't, so sounds like a good plan for sausages too.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        My cold seems to have more or less gone. It was definitely the least worrisome cold I've had for as long as I remember. Sore throat/gritty eyes/sneezy/runny nose, but never really had the whole feel like absolute tulip thing. Maybe the snakeoil did work
        Mine's big on the runny nose thing, but other than that it's not too bad

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post

Good Morning, rain turning to snow here.
          It was raining here earlier, but now it's sunny out

Comment

Managed to get through a good chunk of the morning sitting with the tester, going through some existing stuff so he can devise proper test plans for me to go through.

Later this afternoon I've got to do a conference call with some people in the States, explaining how some of the stuff we've made works and what have you.

Now I just need to find something not too strenuous to do until then.

Glad I didn't get up earlier for the sake of leaving early - I'd forgotten about this thing with the US, which would have scuppered that plan

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              It was raining here earlier, but now it's sunny out
              Same here.

Wanly sunny which is better than torrential sideways rain.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                Same here.

Wanly sunny which is better than torrential sideways rain.
                Rain, then sun, then rain. Grey and windy now.

Need to venture out to ye olde grocery shoppe for essential supplies of eggs and bread in order to make my fried egg sandwich.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Rain, then sun, then rain. Grey and windy now.

Need to venture out to ye olde grocery shoppe for essential supplies of eggs and bread in order to make my fried egg sandwich.
                  P!ssing it down here now, went to the bus stop to go into the market, waited, rain then started coming into the bus shelter, decided I really didn't want to get any wetter and came back home. Turns out buses and trains are fecked due to a bomb scare at the station today.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Time to order a new laptop - my emergency spare one / naughty PC (delete as appropriate) has finally given up the ghost.

I reformatted the hard drive a few months ago, and it's corrupted it, losing the virtual machine completely

PC World here we come.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      Time to order a new laptop - my emergency spare one / naughty PC (delete as appropriate) has finally given up the ghost.

I reformatted the hard drive a few months ago, and it's corrupted it, losing the virtual machine completely

PC World here we come.
                      I need to get one too, I think the current one at 7 or so years old is getting a tad past it.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X