• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

There is good reason to suppose it may be a bit chilly out there

Comment

Snowy here too. Not too deep, but a covering. Roads not too bad once out of the estate. Have despatched ms#5 on the train to skool, hopefully it's open...

Comment

Just checked skool website - y12 mock exams start today. He kept that quiet (I assume he knows and it's not going to come as a huge surprise.)

Comment

Morning all.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Home again

The afternoon seemed to go by rather quickly, thanks to my finding something moderately interesting to do.
            That's always a plus.

Comment

Haven't thought that far ahead. The Chinese is closed tonight

May go to the chippy. Or I might cook something. I'm really not sure
              Discovered the other day that the Chinese (next to the vet's) is closed on Wednesdays "for family time".

Sounds to me like they're discovering exactly how difficult it is to make money there.

Just like the chipshop/Italian food place before, and the Chinese place/gaming arcade before that, and the chip shop before that, and the chip shop before that.

Comment

Driving along this morning, I glanced down a road I was crossing at the traffic being delayed by the burst water main repairs and thought "I'm glad I don't have to go that way."

This afternoon, another water main has burst at the very spot where I thought that

Now considering my route for tomorrow morning
                You are Mr Jonah & I claim my five humpback whales.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Discovered the other day that the Chinese (next to the vet's) is closed on Wednesdays "for family time".

Sounds to me like they're discovering exactly how difficult it is to make money there.

Just like the chipshop/Italian food place before, and the Chinese place/gaming arcade before that, and the chip shop before that, and the chip shop before that.
                  A few years back someone reopened the closed chippy on the edge of the village green near us.

It was open a mere 2 days before closing never to reopen...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Thats Klingon.

FTFY.

Comment

Mate of mine went to 'escape rooms' in Plymouth for his birthday. Says it was good fun. It's a franchise. Haven't a clue how much it would cost to get something like that up and running, but looks like it could bring in a few quid. Maybe when mr ms gets made redundant...

Comment

Working...
                      X