• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Just discovered I can tell my phone to remind me to get Oxo next time I go to Sainsbury's, and specify how close I have to be to the store to get the reminder by dragging a circle on a map.

I've included the car park and petrol station, but not the nearby junction I might drive through anyway. Just have to go there and see if it works now
    I've got an old envelope wot does that for me.

<ZG in "old tech is bestest, it doesn't feck up so readily unlike that fecking computerised fecking boiler" mode>

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Emotional stuff on BBC1

Bone marrow donors meeting recipients
      (Sorry)School bullies meeting victims

I'm welling up here!
      I don't do emotional.

I do guns.

Lots of guns.

Big guns (preferably), but little guns are ok at a pinch.

Really enjoyed this week's NCIS LA for that very reason.

Oh, and chaps exploding in lift shafts, that's always good for a larf too.

Comment

Hope she's OK. Mine seems on top form atm - better than she's been in months. Touch wood, fingers crossed, virgin sacrificed...
        There's virgins round by you?

Gosh.

There's posh then.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          At least she wasn't hurt. Worrying when it happens though

My mother's been very unwell, off and on, since before Christmas. She kept having to take to her bed, and feeling terribly weak. Then she'd feel a bit better, and try to crack on with things, then relapse. She'd been to the doctor several times, and they'd arranged several tests; but things got a bit confused around New Year when her usual doctor wasn't available for a spell.

Anyway, this past week she's finally felt that she's recovered. She also got to see her usual doctor. He revealed that the reason she's been in such a bad way is that she's had pneumonia since early December

It seems like she's over it now, touch wood. He's got her on antibiotics for a week or so, just to make sure it's cleared up. But it's no wonder she's felt so rough
          Feck me.

for NF & NF's mum <-Lizardly.

Comment

I think that's it. Doc faced with confused old biddy - no idea whether state of befuddlement is normal, slightly abnormal, or completely screwed up. And they have 5 minutes in which to decide before rolling their eyes and moving onto the next one.
            Just imagine what it must be like with a home full of 'em.

Down the corridor from ZeitPater, there's a poor old biddy who keeps calling for her mother.

It's really distressing.

Comment

I think that's it. Doc faced with confused old biddy - no idea whether state of befuddlement is normal, slightly abnormal, or completely screwed up. And they have 5 minutes in which to decide before rolling their eyes and moving onto the next one.
              Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Down the corridor from ZeitPater, there's a poor old biddy who keeps calling for her mother.

It's really distressing.
              Or even if they are actually befuddled or not. GMIL can hold a perfectly sane conversation but unless you know her you don't realise it's all completely made up.

There's a whole range of behaviour from the residents in the home she's in now. She's convinced she's the only sane one there. Thats when she's not wondering if she's had her pay packet that week or trying to decide whether she should retire and move into a care home
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

It's really distressing.

When mother was in hospital, the nurse was telling me about a confused old lady who kept insisting she was waiting for her mother to visit.

Three days in, her mother, who was 103, did come and visit.

Comment

Touch of bunkitis this morning.

Nice day out there. Will be going for a jaunt on my bicycle to meet Mr HyperD for lunch.

Comment

Morning

Builders have not turned up, not happy at all, rang them and they'll be there tomorrow

If the c*** thinks he's going to charge me for 3 days scaffolding hire on 2 days work he's got another thing coming.

Not to mention them buggering orf early yesterday.

He'll be getting an e-mail when the work is done stating exactly what I'll be paying for.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Was too fecking pissed off to go to pilates this morning.

:suicide

If anyone finds a will to live please post it my way.

Didn't help that I applied for a gig which was posted fresh up this morning, only to get a reply saying the client had enough CVs. considering the job was only posted up 5 mins previous?????
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X