• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    I so want to like SJD, but things seem just a little bit too much like hard work at times. You can really tell that e-mails are just turned around ASAP and while I'm sure the core accountancy is sound, there's no real feeling of personal service IMHO.

Just done my FYE and now I have to send my new spreadsheet back again because this one wasn't set up with my extra rows. (Talking of which, are most people able to contain their monthly accounts to 25 line items each month, cos I'm on >30 for Jan and that's fairly quiet. Maybe I just buy too much tulip)
    I switched to inTouch when SJD put their fees up. Initial pain in moving everything across wasn't as bad as I feared, and it's been pretty easy since. Although the spreadsheet does give you a bit better visibility than their portal - one minor irritation on the portal is that there's no current bank balance as a cross check. But as you upload bank statements, there's less room for error.

Can do you a 'recommend a friend'

Comment

Went to the chippy. It's snowing!

Not very much, and what there is isn't settling except in a couple of spots. Hope it doesn't carry on, though - de-icing the car is enough of a hassle without having to sweep snow off it too

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        I switched to inTouch when SJD put their fees up. Initial pain in moving everything across wasn't as bad as I feared, and it's been pretty easy since. Although the spreadsheet does give you a bit better visibility than their portal - one minor irritation on the portal is that there's no current bank balance as a cross check. But as you upload bank statements, there's less room for error.

Can do you a 'recommend a friend'
        Thanks, but I think I'll probably give them a little longer for now as I know I'm still finding my feet when it comes to this stuff! I'm really surprised that you think the Spreadsheet gives more visibility, though - I always figured a switch to one of the on-line things would be better. I do rather like the overview side of the spreadsheet and I think I'd miss that.

Do you find inTouch genuinely better day to day, or is there not much in it?

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          Thanks, but I think I'll probably give them a little longer for now as I know I'm still finding my feet when it comes to this stuff! I'm really surprised that you think the Spreadsheet gives more visibility, though - I always figured a switch to one of the on-line things would be better. I do rather like the overview side of the spreadsheet and I think I'd miss that.

Do you find inTouch genuinely better day to day, or is there not much in it?
          I've never really had that many queries - my accounts are pretty simple. But both seem to respond quickly. One thing with SJD was that I seemed to have a different accountant every few months. Dunno if I was just unlucky. Although it didn't adversely affect service. InTouch I had the same accountant for over 2 years - just changed as mine has now left.

Comment

Ribs update: sufficiently improved that 400mg of ibuprofen in the morning means I don't notice it through the day.

Then, around nine at night, it starts to wear off and I suddenly think "What's that pain in my chest? OMG I'M GOING TO… oh, yeah" and take another 400mg, which keeps it at bay till morning

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              Isn't native Dutch speaking one of those violet noises you make while trying to spit/vomit on someone?
              The same sort of noises I make when speaking Irish which is why I don't have a problem with the lingo that some people do.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Ribs update: sufficiently improved that 700ml of wine in the morning means I don't notice it through the day.

Then, around nine at night, it starts to wear off and I suddenly think "What's that pain in my chest? OMG I'M GOING TO… oh, yeah" and take another 700ml, which keeps it at bay till morning
                Works for me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  Works for me too.
                  How is your foot btw?
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    How is your foot btw?
                    Getting there slowly. It's still 3cm in diameter bigger than the other one and for some bizarre reason stairs are easier than walking on flat.

It's not really painful, it just feels like it wants to give if I do certain things. WFH this week so hopefully that will help.

Comment

tsk...white stuff all around, going to be a pain!
                      Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X