• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    This makes me glum
    I feel bad now. If the hosting company ignore my request to cancel (likely), I won't pursue it. I'll even add 'sponsored by SimonMac' to the footer. It is a bit dull though - difficult to see how it could develop into something less one-dimensional. Perhaps a gilmour comment generator instead - that could run and run!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      I assume this is ConsultancyCo rather than EndClientCo
      Yep. I am however adding some Easter eggs to EndClientCo's software for some special occasional customers...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        I feel bad now. If the hosting company ignore my request to cancel (likely), I won't pursue it. I'll even add 'sponsored by SimonMac' to the footer. It is a bit dull though - difficult to see how it could develop into something less one-dimensional. Perhaps a gilmour comment generator instead - that could run and run!
        NLUKAAS?

Comment

If you change it to MyCo can I claim the £5 as advertising?

NorthernladUK Comment generator
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Afternoon
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

New phone cover turned up, am going to have to return it. Despite the fact I doubled checked measurements against the phone spec and the cover spec, it should have been slightly too wide for the phone - WRONG!

Will send it back and get a refund, shame as I like their cases, they are really good quality.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

The automated renewal of domain names takes place 30 days prior to the eventual expiry date of that name. To ensure continuous service this renewal is processed automatically and charged to the primary payment method held on the account. Customers can view and alter the renewal settings on all of their domain names at any time via the Fasthosts control panel. To prevent unwanted renewals we must receive notice of your intent not to renew this domain prior to the date of renewal.
                The Fasthosts Control Panel also contains the registration details of the domain to help customers remember the expiration date of the domain and as well as they have the option to search their domain registration details via whois lookup like WHOIS Search, Domain Name, Website, and IP Tools - Who.is

Domain renewals are processed in real time and are not reversible. Once this renewal has processed we cannot offer a refund on these fees unless the billing is a result of a system error or the failure to notify us is due to circumstances beyond your control.
                However, as a gesture of goodwill, we will be crediting the renewal invoice to your account. Please reply to this email if you want me to proceed.
                I've replied and told her not to bother - I'll keep it for another 2 years. I have switched off auto-renewal for next time though!

Comment

I've replied and told her not to bother - I'll keep it for another 2 years. I have switched off auto-renewal for next time though!
                  God, what a snotty email! "It's all your fault, nothing to do with us, we don't have to do a thing for idiots like you. Oh go on then, just this once we'll give you a refund. I hope you're ******* grateful you stupid bastard."

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    God, what a snotty email! "It's all your fault, nothing to do with us, we don't have to do a thing for idiots like you. Oh go on then, just this once we'll give you a refund. I hope you're ******* grateful you stupid bastard."
                    fasthosts so what would you expect...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      It's a month before the expiry date - I knew it expired end of Feb, but didn't know I had an arbitrary renewal date a month earlier.

Used to be streamline - they would email you before they auto-renewed you, which would seem like the sensible thing to do. They got taken over by fasthosts and promised an 'improved service'

Comment

Working...
                      X