• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird noise just started up: like a really loud continuous rattling, as if somebody was pushing a dodgy trolley full of loose rubble around the place.

Turns out it's torrential rain falling on skylights over at the canal side of the building

Hope it stops before I go

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Weird noise just started up: like a really loud continuous rattling, as if somebody was pushing a dodgy trolley full of loose rubble around the place.

Turns out it's torrential rain falling on skylights over at the canal side of the building

Hope it stops before I go
      That will be the torrential rain we had hear about 2 hours ago then
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I remember an appointment with the doctor where the noise of the murrain of beasts falling on the skylight was so loud we had to shout to be heard.

Just as well I wasn't complaining of a sore throat or laryngitis.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          That will be the torrential rain we had hear about 2 hours ago then
          You can have it back if you want

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
            Started last Tuesday, still no login details. I wish I could say it was an easy way to earn money, but I'm bored as hell and I'm a little worried by the state of the project so far so not being able to get in and poke around isn't really making me feel better.

In other news, I'm starting to wonder why I even bother going to General - it's like the Daily Mail but with bigger words sometimes.
            Because if you don't present a counter-argument, they'll convince themselves that their view is reasonable and widely held, as no-one disagrees with them

Comment

Looks like somebody has attempted to empty the chaff from their hole punch into the office recycling bin, and missed

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Because if you don't present a counter-argument, they'll convince themselves that their view is reasonable and widely held, as no-one disagrees with them
                It's the one shot generalisations that wind me up.

Notice they don't make much noise about it when you actually challenge them
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  It's the one shot generalisations that wind me up.

Notice they don't make much noise about it when you actually challenge them
                  If you need to shoot done a generalisation just add underneath the quote..

For example

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Thought the rain was back, but turned out this actually was a dodgy trolley

It's got an elevating platform; there's now a bloke about twenty feet in the air near my desk, looking at a light. (The light is on.)

Comment

That's not bad: tweeted at my bank about a problem with their mobile app. Got a reply in less than eight minutes

It didn't actually help much (basically just "We know it's broken, sorry, it'll be fixed eventually") but still, pretty fast response

Comment

Working...
                      X