• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings denizens

Broadband has miraculously recovered, just 24 hours before the engineer was due to come and fix it

I presume they realised they'd pulled the wires out when they tripped over the cable last week, and stuffed them back in again.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      If push comes to shove here, I have the possibility of an open fire.
      I got a log burner installed at the start of the month. Now it's run in I can really load it up. So I did - got the room thermometer reading 26 degrees before i gave up and opened the doors to the rest of the house. Just ticking over at a much more sensible 18 now, and the best thing about it is i'm using up a load of timber from the house renovation which has been cluttering the cellar for about 18 months.

Lovely weather for plumbers, this is

Comment

Right, links over in General for those who like such things; and I need to go and collect a parcel from the Amazon Locker, and get some spuds. It's just one thing after another some days

Comment

Off to see mokingjay tonight at Leicester with the kids.
          Mrs 5* will be wrapped up in bed

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Right, links over in General for those who like such things; and I need to go and collect a parcel from the Amazon Locker, and get some spuds. It's just one thing after another some days

I love the Monday links - best read on cuk. Dare I say it - better than tpd?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Are you allowed to have bonfires in cloggie land?
              The NorPusses also stank of hickory smoke too.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

OK, bimbling around in the external universe is done, and I have no idea where the time went

I took the Super Monkey Car. The poor, neglected thing struggled to start initially, but after a few seconds it caught and ran beautifully. I ended up sitting in it for about twenty minutes getting it properly warmed through before setting off. All I did was go to collect the Amazon stuff and then go to Sainsbury's, but I chose a route that meant we could have a good blast along various bits of dual carriageway and a couple of miles on the M1, which blew the cobwebs away

I'll have to take it out more over the next few days, just to keep its spirits up in this cold weather.

Comment

Evenin' all

Went to teh shops today as tomorrow WWIII officially starts in cloggers aka fireworks go on sale. this means kids will be throwing firecrackers everywhere and teenagers will be letting off fireworks everywhere.

Technically fireworks are now allowed to be set off till 10pm on NYE and this does not deter the idiots from turning every cloggy neighbouthood into a warzone.

No idea what the area around teh new house will be like, am hoping a little quieter.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Watched a film about MS's fave establishment.

super size me

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      Watched a film about MS's fave establishment.

super size me
                      Good film

Comment

Working...
                      X