• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Oooh there's some rather attractive new-agey eye candy turned up.

Look. Don't judge me I'm just bored and there's only so many times you can read an Ebola poster

15% ...shivers...
    There should be a load of back issues of The People's Friend on a table somewhere that you can read. Try the WRVS

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      My god that a lot of metal for one persons face!

Everyone else seems to have had the sense to bring a packed lunch.

Turns out pink bobble hat lady with ugg boots is 88 and tired looking companion is her son. Counting my blessings.

13%. Wtf. Is someone stealing my battery power.
      Any time you think your life is bad, go and sit in an A&E waiting area for a couple of hours. It won't make you feel any better but at least you will know you are not alone
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Try a few UK companies and see if they would come over and do it if you paid the additional travel costs? Woulds probably still be cheaper that the locals by the sound of it.
        Was thinking about that, as we had some really good guys come and do our windows at the house in blighty, but there's probably stiff regulation here ( qu'elle surprise) about what you can and cannot use.

Might look into it.

Thing is it will still cost and I've already put enough of my warchest into this house. As we are 50/50 on everything and I had the dosh, Mr N is paying me back over the next 6 years.

so i'm not dipping into it again
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

The battle weary son it trying to explain how triage works and that he doesn't get to decide who goes next.

11%

Comment

Yes! They've called bobble hat lady. The son's look of relief makes me think I can survive this without battery power.

10%

Comment

Candy crush lady has finished her sandwiches and packet of frazzles. She's back to making vegetables disappear.

8%. Wtf that's not right.

Comment

Hippy pierced lass' mum has turned up. Very Felicity Kendall indeed.

We also have a guy in a fidel Castro style cap. A guy with too much jewellery and a lad with a cap on backwards.

Yes. I'm starting to judge people.

7%

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  Don't use iplayer, have no idea what Mr N is actually using, but know we don't use iplayer for that.
                  everything streamed and audio / video on demand comes under the BBC's corporate banner of iplayer.

But if you don't use it I will skip finding the documentation you need...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The apron I ordered from St john has yet to turn up, so I e-mailed them.

Seems the eejits sent it to my old address in the UK. How they managed that I don't know, as I ordered it using my cloggy address.

Have asked them to re-send, will tell the tenants they can keep the other package.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      And the sun's out
                      It's grey, windy and wet here.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X