• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Morning!

Have a lot of non-earning travel this week. Mr C is not amused (I wish he was a bit more laid back on this, it's the nature of the work that I have to travel around the country for interviews ).
    Best of luck with the interviews

I floated the idea to Mrs 5* about me living away mon-fri and she wasn't too receptive

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Bedtime for me!
      I had an early night too.

Then woke myself up at about 1 a.m. coughing my lungs up.

I think I got up for a pee too.

It's a tad odd that I don't do that when I'm not working.

Must be some sort of psychological thing.

Comment

Not too many things on my list for today

Get bank books updated.
        Get a new zip on wifey coat
        Jewellery cleaned
        And look for a new hold-all

Comment

One thing that is really getting my goat is the different spelling of dispatched.
          Amazon spell dispatched, yet other companies are spelling it despatched

Comment

No rice krispies.
            No bread.
            No milk.

Think I should get meself down to Tesco Express (other convenience stores are available).

Morning!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Morning!

Have a lot of non-earning travel this week. Mr C is not amused (I wish he was a bit more laid back on this, it's the nature of the work that I have to travel around the country for interviews ).
              The years I spent as a permie telling Mrs Eek she can't have that and it would be really helpful if she found a job means that she now remembers what real life for most people is like. This time round I've had zero complaints even when I took 3 months off in 2012.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                No rice krispies.
                No bread.
                No milk.

Think I should get meself down to Tesco Express (other convenience stores are available).

Morning!
                The ex-lustee buys those in bulk.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

WTF is Git?

Is it good?
                  Git

It is good, just a bit eccentric

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

WTF is Git?

Is it good?
                      It's a version control system. You add your files (code, etc.) to its repository. Then, when you change them and your changes work, you commit the changes. If your changes don't work, you can roll back to the previous version and start again.

Also, people can get their own copy of the repository, so they can do the same. Then later you can each add your changes back to the master repository. It warns you if there are any conflicts (e.g. you and Freda both changed foo.asm) that it can't work out for itself, so you can manually get things in order.

If a customer says they've found a bug in version 1.2.3 and you're working on 2.3.4, you can easily switch back to the 1.2.3 files and work on them to fix their bug, releasing it as 1.2.4, then change back to your 2.3.4 files and pick up where you left off.

It's the best of those kind of things, but still gets very confusing from time to time

Comment

Working...
                      X