• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lab full of computers being ghosted with a new image.

I hope it's right.

Comment

And so, the end is near, I face the final curtaintrudge down the hill to the station.

Byeeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
        Yeah, it's not the most intuitive thing to get to grips with. Especially coming to it from TortoiseSVN like I did

Still, beats the hell out of the horrible version control that clientco use
        Which one? I have seen pretty much them all in anger, Starteam and Clearcase being the worse by far!

Although most common now are either TFS (Wintel/.Net) or SVN (Everything else)
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Which one? I have seen pretty much them all in anger, Starteam and Clearcase being the worse by far!

Although most common now are either TFS (Wintel/.Net) or SVN (Everything else)
          Accurev

Comment

Home.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Bentos?
              I was thinking about Fray Bentos pies last night, remembering that I often used to eat them in my student years.

A few years ago I had the same thought and got one for my dinner, just for nostalgia's sake. It wasn't very nice at all

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                NOM!

That and vesta curries being a staple as a student
                See above

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I was thinking about Fray Bentos pies last night, remembering that I often used to eat them in my student years.

A few years ago I had the same thought and got one for my dinner, just for nostalgia's sake. It wasn't very nice at all
                  You have to pour lots of Bisto gravy on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                    Yeah, it's not the most intuitive thing to get to grips with. Especially coming to it from TortoiseSVN like I did

Still, beats the hell out of the horrible version control that clientco use
                    I'm ok for normal stuff. It's when I'm persuaded to try some utter nonsense like rebasing a local branch on an older commit from a different branch and pushing the resultant mess to origin/master that it all goes pear shaped.

I have no idea if any of that might ever even be a reasonable thing to do; it's just a made-up example of the kind of idiocy that the one bloke in any company who "really understands" Git always suggests as the first and only solution to any problem. Then later, once you've wasted half a day, it turns out there was some perfectly simple way of achieving whatever it was you were trying to do in the first place.

I once had to drive home from ClientCo in the middle of the day, retrieve my now-vanished local Git repository containing a week's work from Time Machine, then drive back in, because of one of these people

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      You have to pour lots of Bisto gravy on them.
                      That helps, although I tend to just get better pies instead

Comment

Working...
                      X