• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray video gramophone all set up, though I had to cannibalise an HDMI lead from the Apple TV - better nip down to Wilko's and buy another one tomorrow, given that they're the "batteries not included" of the modern world

It does things like YouTube and BBC iPlayer, making it even less likely I'll start watching broadcast TV again any time soon. Now I need to decide which actual disc to watch - mind, apart from The Wire I've only got four, so it's not a wide choice

Better get some dinner first, though

Comment

Oh, and it does Amazon Prime video too. As I'm paying for that anyway to get free deliveries, this means I might actually make use of it. It's got Mad Men, which I've vaguely thought I ought to have a look at as people rave about it; and as it's free-as-in-already-paid-for, maybe I will

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Oh, and it does Amazon Prime video too. As I'm paying for that anyway to get free deliveries, this means I might actually make use of it. It's got Mad Men, which I've vaguely thought I ought to have a look at as people rave about it; and as it's free-as-in-already-paid-for, maybe I will
        Has prime video improved. I found working out what was free and what you had to pay for impossible the last time I tried to use it.

I still have it, I just prefer plex and netflix...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Has prime video improved. I found working out what was free and what you had to pay for impossible the last time I tried to use it.

I still have it, I just prefer plex and netflix...
          Dunno, I just had a glance at it. AIUI it's free to stream stuff; at least, everything I looked at had a Prime logo with "£0" next to it, then some other prices which seemed to involve gaining actual ownership of the content in some sense rather than just watching it. But I may be wrong

Comment

I think I'll watch Wall Street - I've been meaning to watch it again for yonks. I thought of buying it off iTunes where it was something like £9 in HD, but checking Amazon I found a box set with it plus the sequel (which I've not seen) on Blu-ray HD for a fiver

I reckon a well-chilled bottle of white wine and some 80s yuppie scum saga is just the thing for a hot Friday night when I don't have to be up early

Comment

Made it to grown up o' clock! Quitting now.

Comment

I dunno. The guy spends $950,000 buying an apartment, then God knows how much getting Daryl Hannah to decorate it… but the grill still doesn't brown the toast evenly

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I dunno. The guy spends $950,000 buying an apartment, then God knows how much getting Daryl Hannah to decorate it… but the grill still doesn't brown the toast evenly
                  #FirstWorldProblems
                  Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                    #FirstWorldProblems
                    Creating a grill that can brown toast evenly is one of the great unsolved problems of our times. A better mousetrap pales into insignificance in comparison.

Comment

Always with the oil rigs! Why are the lawyers who write these copyright notices so obsessed with oil rigs?

Comment

Working...
                      X