• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    This abomination of a thread must be removed!!!
    You love it really

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
      You love it really
      AtW is our bitch
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I did some consecutive posting earlier especially for him

Comment

the thing i like about TPD

Comment

is the consecutive posting

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              Um.......Zeity.... the curious reader might wish to understand how your being an engineer led to a discussion of some of the foremost technical achievements of 1930's/40's Germany.
              The curious reader would already know that Nazi Germany's engineering prowess was remarkable and always worthy of discussion amongst engineers

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                This abomination of a thread must be removed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  Incidently, i'm currently reading Gross Admiral Doenitz's account of proceedings.
                  I'm reading Jack El-Hai's recent book The Nazi and the Psychiatrist. It's a biography of the chap, a Dr. Kelley, who got the job of performing psychiatric evaluations of the senior Nazis to determine if they were actually fit to be tried at Nuremberg or not. Basically, he could have said they were loonies and then they couldn't have been tried.

Of course the only one who was even close to being clinically insane was Hess; and then he stood up in front of the court and declared he'd been malingering. As it happens, Kelley had already diagnosed that he was partially malingering. Then, later, Hess admitted privately that - well, exactly that. Some of his amnesia was real, but most of it was lies.

Interestingly, the mental disorders Hess did suffer from were a result of his attempts to resist Allied interrogations after his flight to the UK. Even he admitted that. As it was, Hess was far from normal, but not insane. None of them were. That's why most of them were hanged.

Doenitz wasn't hanged, because he wasn't thought to have had knowledge of or complicity in the worst excesses of the regime.

The same applied to Albert Speer. As a result, he was available to be interviewed for The World at War, the awesome documentary series produced by Jeremy Isaacs. I remember being amazed, as a kid, that such a significant figure in the Nazi regime was there talking on the TV on Sunday teatime

Kelley's own life ended tragically in suicide, but I'm only just over halfway through the book, so I'm not sure why yet.

Comment

Comment

Special extra for AtW

Comment

Working...
                      X