• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feck.

Now, having got up to extract my tea out of the oven, I've lost my chair to my furry friend.

But at least I can touch type now.

Comment

New levels of fail by Amazon Logistics, aka Yodel, aka HDNL, aka Home Delivery Network Ltd.

One of the reasons I have stuff delivered to an Amazon Locker when possible is to avoid the nightmare of these feckwits leaving parcels on the doorstep, in the bin, at the bus stop down the road, or wherever else happens to take their fancy. I figure if they take them to a huge orange box in a shop that's guaranteed to be open when they arrive, and moreover are constantly tracked by barcodes everywhere, they'll manage to avoid the worst kinds of fail.

But earlier this week, they managed to deliver two out of three parcels to the Amazon Locker and forgot to leave the third. I know this because they were all "Out for delivery" on the Amazon order tracking page. Later that evening, presumably when it was found lying around in the back of the van at the depot, it reverted to "In transit" and I received an email advising me that it would be two or three days late. (This was on the 30th, so New Year got in the way.)

Today, they visited the same Amazon Locker, with two more parcels for me, and delivered them successfully. The parcel from Tuesday is still marked as being "In transit" with them. Presumably it's been left behind the toilets in the depot, and will never be seen again

It doesn't matter how many times they rename it as long as the company itself remains incompetent. In the immortal words of Steve Bell's chimpanzee interpreting an SDP-Liberal Alliance Party Political Broadcast in the 1987 general election: "It's the same old piss in a different shaped bottle."

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
        Grey out there
        Hideous morning & lovely afternoon here.

Dry, Sunny & bright.

And surprisingly warm.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          They'll increase your premium.
          WMSS

Comment

They'll increase your premium.
            Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            your premium will go up.
            That's what I thought. I might just not mention it. The breakdown driver's report just says the fault was traced to a hole in the fuel tank, not how it got there. Also, I doubt they transcribe all these things to cross-check

Comment

I've just copy-&-pasted (with some light editing) my rant above into an email to Amazon, with an added request for them to send somebody round the depot "to shake some sense into these useless people". Let's see if that does any good

Comment

Bottle opened. I think it might be a fluid night.

Comment

In other exciting news, I've had a haircut. I got one of the ridiculously chatty women: before I'd even sat down she started telling me how much she enjoys ironing shirts

Luckily she trotted out the stock "Nice break?" question so I was able to tell her about the car, which resulted in her talking about crime and cars for the rest of the process. I don't think I could have stood it if she'd continued with the laundry theme the whole time

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    In other exciting news, I've had a haircut. I got one of the ridiculously chatty women: before I'd even sat down she started telling me how much she enjoys ironing shirts

Luckily she trotted out the stock "Nice break?" question so I was able to tell her about the car, which resulted in her talking about crime and cars for the rest of the process. I don't think I could have stood it if she'd continued with the laundry theme the whole time
                    Was your shirt particularly crumpled?

Comment

Was your shirt particularly crumpled?
                      No, I suspect it was just the continuation of a conversation she'd been having with a previous customer, or possibly sparked by something one of the other women who work there had said some time (possibly quite a long time) before my arrival

Comment

Working...
                      X