• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaaargh! F**king testers!!

Comment

He sent an email out to everyone stating that he knows why a certain problem is happening and here's how to fix it.

Of course, he's totally f**king wrong.

Now everyone is off barking up the wrong tree and talking about making unnecessary changes to the live site.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        You have you answer. Do the bodge while claiming to do the full refactoring. And don't do anything else...
        I went with a partial bodge. Thats a bodge with comments.

Comment

Currently in a mexican standoff with agent concerning how much of their margin they get to keep as it's renewal time.

/stares

Comment

Everyone has rushed off for tea and biscuits with some very high up person.

I wasn't invited.

Probably a good idea

Comment

And clientco manager just spotted me perusing Jobserve. Never mind, should keep them on their toes

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                Aaaargh! F**king testers!!
                "it doesn't work!" "Oh, FFS, stop using it and it'll be fine!"

Comment

ClientCorp manager just came over: "Which days are you working next week, and the week after?"

Attempting to disguise the absolute horror I felt at the notion, I said "Erm, I was under the impression I wasn't working any?"

He looked hugely relieved, explaining that if I had been going to, he would have to pre-approve my timesheets, which would involve him in some nightmare approval process

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    ClientCorp manager just came over: "Which days are you working next week, and the week after?"

Attempting to disguise the absolute horror I felt at the notion, I said "Erm, I was under the impression I wasn't working any?"

He looked hugely relieved, explaining that if I had been going to, he would have to pre-approve my timesheets, which would involve him in some nightmare approval process
                    That sounds like management by the client to me. Personally I prefer the approach here:-

permies 2 weeks off from Friday
                    contractors working monday and tuesday as we want to.

Full site closure between christmas and new year. Which is fine as the coffee shop is closed and I couldn't face that...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      That sounds like management by the client to me.
                      Not really - he just wanted to know if I would be working, and if so when, so he could deal with it now rather than having to muck around with the agency's timesheet system during his holidays. TBH, I'm quite impressed that he's so diligent about making sure there's no delay to approving my timesheets; most clients just forget about it, then deal with it when they get back

Comment

Working...
                      X