• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Rexel 100X

Can't be bothered to stand there feeding in a couple of sheets at a time.

The one it's replacing is a 60X which has served it's purpose for the past x years.

New one is slightly bigger and quieter.
    I haven't used my shredder in ages, mainly because it makes a jumbo jet sound quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      My 60X (which I think you recommended) stopped bulk feeding particularly well, unless I weighted down the lid. It also then refused to pull the paper through quite often, so just ran forever doing nothing until it overheated, cooled and restarted the loop.

It does OK for now, though, since the bulk load of shredding is done.
      I think I have a 40X.

It's pants.

I usually use useless documentation to light the fire these days.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I'd had no real probs with the 60x until recently. I agree the overheat-cool-restart loop was a bit annoying but it was (to me) less annoying than standing there drip feeding in paper for half an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          I'd had no real probs with the 60x until recently. I agree the overheat-cool-restart loop was a bit annoying but it was (to me) less annoying than standing there drip feeding in paper for half an hour.
          That is annoying.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Off to find some food...
            Expensable MaccyD's and a geocache on a busy road next to the back of Shakey's birthplace.

A productive day at the office.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Is there a combo scanner-&-shredder? Something that scans (both sides of) the paper as it goes in, then shreds it, saving the scans somewhere (USB/WiFi/wotever) so you have an archive of the shredded documents, just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Afternoon denizens

Is there a combo scanner-&-shredder? Something that scans (both sides of) the paper as it goes in, then shreds it, saving the scans somewhere (USB/WiFi/wotever) so you have an archive of the shredded documents, just in case.
                You'd want to be pretty confident before you used that scanner

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Afternoon denizens

Isn't that what they all do? Well, in corporate environments for espionage and blackmail anyway
                  Join IPSE

Comment

looks like I will be putting myself on the bench at close of play tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                      looks like I will be putting myself on the bench at close of play tomorrow.
                      Bummer dude
                      Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X