• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spinning = cardio = faster recovery = better for long distances
    Grinders = muscular fatigue = longer recovery = TTs

Good to mix both up if you have recovery time and good nutrition.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
      Spinning = cardio = faster recovery = better for long distances
      Grinders = muscular fatigue = longer recovery = TTs

Good to mix both up if you have recovery time and good nutrition.
      WTF is a grinder? Dare I look that up at work?

Why did athletes always talk in this foregin language? I spent 6 months wondering what T1 and T2 were.......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Why did athletes always talk in this foregin language? I spent 6 months wondering what T1 and T2 were.......
        TTs; time trials

T1; granny training
        T2; easy aerobic
        T3; aerobic but getting quite tough to keep up for a long time
        T4; knackering, on the lactic boundary
        T5; vomit intervals MTT style

I believe the chaps who like chaps can tell you about grinder. Ask Gricer.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Grinding (AKA Mashing) = Big Gears, Low Revs. good for sustained power and hill climbing.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Grinding (AKA Mashing) = Big Gears, Low Revs. good for sustained power and hill climbing.
            Good for building the kind of thighs that attract glances of admiration from the laydees in the gym.

Comment

I find this talk of exercise strangely disturbing.

It's as if I'm reading The Wrong Thread.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Talk of Grinders is even more disturbing. Unless you're that way inclined.

Comment

Well there we are.

ZeitMater's trip to see the quack was as much use as a chocolate teapot, as per expectation.

We came away with a prescription for paracetamol, antihistamine, and leaflet about the podiatrist service somewhere in the depths of Baglan Moors.

Ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Sounds bad for the knees.

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Good for building the kind of thighs that attract glances of admiration from the laydees in the gym.
                    With the cuk "laydees" you don't need good thighs to attract attention. Just a pulse.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Join us Zeity!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      Talk of Grinders is even more disturbing. Unless you're that way inclined.
                      Then why was Dallas going on about them?

I expect it in MF - but not Dallas. Shes such a clean wholesome girl....

Comment

Working...
                      X