• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I managed to get the last unsliced loaf of normal English supermarket bread
    I seem to prefer thick sliced wholemeal hovis these days.

Comment

Big fry-up: three Gloucester Old Spot sausages, a couple of rashers of middle bacon, fried egg, a thick slice of fried bread, and beans
      Gosh.

I can't remember the last time I had fried bread.

Then again, with my memory the way it's going, could have been the day before yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Gosh.

I can't remember the last time I had fried bread.

Then again, with my memory the way it's going, could have been the day before yesterday.
        It's handy for ensuring the fat from the bacon doesn't go to waste. Also makes cleaning the frying pan easier :-)

Comment

It's handy for ensuring the fat from the bacon doesn't go to waste. Also makes cleaning the frying pan easier :-)
          Indeed.

Comment

I suppose I'd better go to bed.

The fresh batch of keen enthusiastic* esteemed customers arrive tomorrow.

*We should be so lucky. Even presentism would make a refreshing change. Though TPTB are tightening things up** on that front. About fecking time too.

**Though quite how reducing teaching hours corresponds to tightening things up I'm not altogether sure.

Comment

Decided to have a read of the Elite BBC Micro source code. So now, naturally, I'm writing a utility for reading BBC Micro disk images, in Python

Once it's working, I'll then have to write a utility to parse BBC BASIC files, as they used the built-in assembler.

All good, clean fun

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

**Though quite how reducing teaching hours corresponds to tightening things up I'm not altogether sure.
                Fewer missed lessons?

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X