• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Isn't that their raison d'être
    Mmm, raisins

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
      Mmm, raisins
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Just started looking again, i forgot i hate this part
        It's been so long since I last looked, this gig I got contacted directly about. I'd almost forgotten as the last couple of things I stumbled over on LinkedIn.

simples: update profile on linkedin that you are looking and if you are niche enough people will contact you. Failing that contact your network pimps on linkedin and the ones that can be bothered with contact you for an updated cv.
        Post loads of niche nonsense articles to make it look like you know what you are talking about.

I'm not actually available till November, so I know I'll get bombarded while on holiday

Have a meeting with a pimp in a bit, they're passing by clientco so wanted to meet to discuss a potential role. At least they are meeting me rather than me having to trek to their offices
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          Mmm, raisins
          Raisins are really dead flies, I'm convinced of it.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              It's been so long since I last looked, this gig I got contacted directly about. I'd almost forgotten as the last couple of things I stumbled over on LinkedIn.
              I went direct for my last gig, so my last time dealing with an agent was around eighteen months ago. I seem to recollect some gubbins from LinkedIn about him being promoted; he's got me several gigs over the last few years, so hopefully he now has a small army of minions he can bend to my will

simples: update profile on linkedin that you are looking and if you are niche enough people will contact you. Failing that contact your network pimps on linkedin and the ones that can be bothered with contact you for an updated cv.
              I suppose I need to bite the bullet and start using LinkedIn more, as all the pimps seem to be doing so. I've managed to avoid doing much more than having a profile on there for the last nine years

Post loads of niche nonsense articles to make it look like you know what you are talking about.
              I'm getting a couple of projects together that can serve as part of my portfolio, as it's apparently trendy these days to have a bunch of code up on GitHub, and I obviously can't do that with client code

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                I'm getting a couple of projects together that can serve as part of my portfolio, as it's apparently trendy these days to have a bunch of code up on GitHub, and I obviously can't do that with client code
                I'm seriously thinking of starting a local Javascript user group round here to get my name known a bit more. Really not in the mood to put my code up in github as whenever I look at old code I think its tulip.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  I'm seriously thinking of starting a local Javascript user group round here to get my name known a bit more. Really not in the mood to put my code up in github as whenever I look at old code I think its tulip.
                  I'll put up new code - that way, I won't think it's tulip for a week or two

Comment

NF's being sensible in General again.

Will you never learn?
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Raisins are really dead flies, I'm convinced of it.
                      Only in Garibaldi

HTH

Comment

Working...
                      X