• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YES! Just got one of the very last tickets to BarCamp London X

Eight years ago today, I was at the very first one, at Yahoo's place on Shaftesbury Avenue (where I was contracting less than a year later)

Comment

Morning all - this week I'm mostly pushing my limits of the sell it, learn it, deliver it concept. Feeling rather stressed, but I think I'm through the worst. A few late nights I reckon this week, but at least I can send off a tasty invoice on the train home Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
        Morning all - this week I'm mostly pushing my limits of the sell it, learn it, deliver it concept. Feeling rather stressed, but I think I'm through the worst. A few late nights I reckon this week, but at least I can send off a tasty invoice on the train home Friday.
        <- do this

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Well I woke up at 6, thought about driving to Lampeter, thought "feck it", and didn't bother.

I'm sure I'm now on a human remains hit list.
          Watching a webcast.

Feck me it's tedious beyond the tolerance of GALs.

Glad I didn't drive for an hour & half to be this bored.

Now.

Pedagogy is high on the agenda.

Isn't that sommat to do with feets?

Comment

Client2 asking for contact details at Client1 - apparently Client1 used to use a product that Client2 install/support (Client1's installation was not supplied by Client2). Client1 big multi-national - it could have been installed anywhere. Client2 itty bitty outfit. How to proceed...

Comment

Just missed this steaming past my window

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/~/media...7&mw=980&thn=0

Have now downloaded the Ship Finder app so as not to miss future excitements. Actually, this would explain the Merlin Helicopter that's been doing the rounds.

Not sure if this is where Mr POTUS will be staying on Thurs.

Comment

Well, this bacon will only go to waste if it's not eaten

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Client2 asking for contact details at Client1 - apparently Client1 used to use a product that Client2 install/support (Client1's installation was not supplied by Client2). Client1 big multi-national - it could have been installed anywhere. Client2 itty bitty outfit. How to proceed...
                  Do any of the options involve a financial gain for a Ms M. Skipper?

Comment

Feckwhit "Welsh language services coordinator" is currently spouting his nonsense yng Nghymraeg, which is simultaneously translated for the unfortunates in the room.

The webcast is solidly Cymraeg, which is terrribly useful for the rest of us.

Especially the London contingent, I'd have thunk.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Feckwhit "Welsh language services coordinator" is currently spouting his nonsense yng Nghymraeg, which is simultaneously translated for the unfortunates in the room.

The webcast is solidly Cymraeg, which is terrribly useful for the rest of us.

Especially the London contingent, I'd have thunk.
                      The English love it when they go to Wales and get spoken to in Welsh

Particularly residents of London, who are inordinately fond of being reminded that the rest of the country does not, in fact, revolve around them

Comment

Working...
                      X