• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riding in a bunch and we dropped a couple of people, I was on the back so looked behind me to see where they were and get the bunch to ease off, drifted without realising the guy in front was slowing down and my front wheel crossed his back wheel. Stupid really.

More bad news is that where the hanger broke, the mech went into the wheel and got dragged round, looks like it may have cracked the drive side chain stay in the process

It will be repairable but means I can ride it till I get it sorted.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Riding in a bunch and we dropped a couple of people, I was on the back so looked behind me to see where they were and get the bunch to ease off, drifted without realising the guy in front was slowing down and my front wheel crossed his back wheel. Stupid really.

More bad news is that where the hanger broke, the mech went into the wheel and got dragged round, looks like it may have cracked the drive side chain stay in the process

It will be repairable but means I can ride it till I get it sorted.
      You need one of these

Mine has now cleared customs, and is out for delivery.

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      I'm awaiting delivery on one of these.

Amazon.com : Bike Peddler Take A Look Cycling Eyeglass Mirror (Original) : Helmet Mirror : Sports & Outdoors

It would be equally useful for swivelly lizard eyes.

Comment

I'm awaiting delivery on one of these.

Amazon.com : Bike Peddler Take A Look Cycling Eyeglass Mirror (Original) : Helmet Mirror : Sports & Outdoors

It would be equally useful for swivelly lizard eyes.
        Even at L2B the guys were throwing themselves at your feet.

Comment

Gosh.

ZeitMater's stash of cash was £400.

And I found another £120 somewhere else.

I'm in the money.g

I think the £400 is the last money that ZeitPater gave her for housekeeping shortly before he did his falling over trick just before Xmas.

However, I may be wrong in this assumption.

Comment

Slowly being driven to the brink of insanity by following Amazon's AWS documentation to the letter.

You get through a dozen steps and everything's just as they say, then suddenly something throws up some incomprehensible error which takes about half-an-hour to decipher by ploughing through pages of apparently unrelated docs. You work out how to fix that, get through a few more steps, and up comes another error.

Comment

Watching doc martin on ITV player - series 5 episode 8

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Slowly being driven to the brink of insanity by following Amazon's AWS documentation to the letter.

You get through a dozen steps and everything's just as they say, then suddenly something throws up some incomprehensible error which takes about half-an-hour to decipher by ploughing through pages of apparently unrelated docs. You work out how to fix that, get through a few more steps, and up comes another error.

Seriously, it's dead easy if you just make use of all the stuff they've done to make the process automatable, like Elastic Beanstalk. I SSHed into the server once it was running, then realised there wasn't actually anything left for me to do in the shell, as it was all working just fine.
                Have you asked suity for help?

Comment

Have you asked suity for help?
                  Hah!

For previous cases that's been true, but this time I'm trying to get an Elastic Beanstalk thingy running so that I can have the app automatically update itself via a Git post-commit hook, and the documentation is unclear, to say the least

Comment

Hah!

For previous cases that's been true, but this time I'm trying to get an Elastic Beanstalk thingy running so that I can have the app automatically update itself via a Git post-commit hook, and the documentation is unclear, to say the least
                    Have you tried to switch it off and then on again?
                    Join IPSE

Comment

Just watched the final Wallander episode.

Feck me that was happy.

I also realised why so many Scandinavians went to Minnesota.

No one else could stand the climate.

Comment

Working...
                      X