• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    So for the trial run I chose to write about Norfolk wherries, for various reasons to do with Arthur Ransome's Coot Club having featured one prominently, and there being a couple of books - the only books ever written on the subject at that time - in the local library. They were actually very interesting, to me at least.
    I ended up writing 7,100 words on wherries, despite the strict limit of 3,500 words; but I honestly couldn't see any way of cutting it

And I'd typed it, so at least it was easier to read than pages of handwriting.

I got an A for it, and high praise from the history teacher

Comment

That's the spirit!

It might turn out to be a load of nonsense that you can sail through anyway
      for some reason, I'm okay in a normal environment, put it in a test and give me a time limit and I cannot do it for the life of me
      Join IPSE

Comment

I ended up writing 7,100 words on wherries, despite the strict limit of 3,500 words; but I honestly couldn't see any way of cutting it

And I'd typed it, so at least it was easier to read than pages of handwriting.

I got an A for it, and high praise from the history teacher
        hehehehe
        Join IPSE

Comment

got some painting to do this week too
          Join IPSE

Comment

The following year, for the O Level itself, I wrote about the planning and construction of the first Mersey Road Tunnel.

This time I managed 11,400 words against the hard limit of 7,000, and it was to be judged - and maybe penalised harshly for being over length - by an external examiner

Straight A again

Comment

and maybe think about getting the cars re-insured before sorting out MOTs and servicing before the end of the month...
              Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                for some reason, I'm okay in a normal environment, put it in a test and give me a time limit and I cannot do it for the life of me
                I've always been OK with exams, tests, and such; not sure why.

Comment

I should post more in the counting thread too...
                  Join IPSE

Comment

and maybe think about getting the cars re-insured before sorting out MOTs and servicing before the end of the month...
                    Don't finish up like I did, with both cars failing within a few days, and having to hire one

Comment

I should post more in the counting thread too...
                      It's nearly finished, I believe

I started that so Scourer had somewhere to post

Comment

Working...
                      X